- Gunmen kill senior Shi’ite Pakistani military official
“Brigadier Fazal Zahoor was shot by masked gunmen while taking part in a religious ritual at the mosque,” said police official Farooq Hasnaat
- US urges Afghan rivals to resolve disputed vote
Washington: US President Barack Obama today urged the rival candidates in Afghanistan’s disputed election to come to an agreement on a national unity government to end the crisis over the vote.
- Libya accuses Sudan of arming `terror` groups
Tripoli: Libya has accused Sudan of flying weapons to “terrorist” groups on its territory and declared Khartoum`s military attache persona non grata, a government statement said.
- Suicide bombers kill 10 in Iraq town
Baghdad: Two suicide bombers detonated explosives-rigged vehicles on Monday in a town north of the Iraqi capital that has battled jihadist militants, killing 10 people, police and a doctor said.
- Frustration wracks MH370 families six months on
Beijing: Family members of the passengers aboard Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 are still seeking answers and closure six months after the plane`s disappearance.
- Jihadists want to create `house of blood`: New UN rights chief
Geneva: The jihadist militants who have seized large swaths of Iraq and Syria are intent upon creating “a house of blood”, the UN`s new human rights chief said Monday.
- Sisi offered Sinai parts to create Palestinian state: Reports
Cairo: Egypt’s President Abdel Fatah Al-Sisi has offered the Palestinian Authority about 1,600 square kilometres of the Sinai peninsula to create a new state five times the size of the Gaza Strip, media reports said on Monday.
- Officer killed, 10 injured in an explosion in Egypt
Cairo: A police officer was killed and ten others injured today in an explosion carried out by unknown militants in Egypt’s North Sinai governorate, the latest incident in the country’s restive region.
- Massive rescue operations on in flood-hit J&K; toll nears 200, lakhs stranded
New Delhi: Battling against one of the worst floods in decades in Jammu and Kashmir region, Army Chief Gen Dalbir Suhag and General Officer Commanding (GOC) Northern Command Lt Gen DS Hooda on Monday said rescue operations will continue till everyone is pulled out.
- Isis: British women led by Aqsa Mahmood ‘running sharia police unit for Islamic State in Syria’
As many as 60 British women have joined an all-female sharia police unit for the Islamic State (Isis), reprimanding those who fall foul of the jihad
HADITH OF THE DAY
Did Allah forgive the companions for fleeing from battles? The Perfect Recognition of the Five Infallibles (a.s.) Who is Al-Imam al-Mobeen? Was Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (a.s.) in favour of Tarawih? Ameerul Momineen’s (a.s.) so-called respect for Ayesha based on Sunnah of Past Prophets