- Iran says nuclear suspicions are ‘fabricated ambiguities’
(Reuters) – Iran dismissed on Tuesday as “fabricated ambiguities” suspicions that it has carried out nuclear arms research, a day after it came under renewed Western pressure to help clear up U.N. watchdog concerns about its atomic energy programme.
- German police raid flats, mosque over suspected Islamic State ties
(Reuters) – German authorities raided a mosque, an Islamic community center and radical Islamists’ flats in cities across Germany on Tuesday on suspicion of having connections to militants in Syria.
- Make Syrian civilian protection priority, world leaders told
(Reuters) – The protection of Syrian civilians must be a global priority in any further intervention in the Middle East, a coalition of 40 human rights and aid agencies said on Tuesday.
- Iraq PM Abadi retires two top generals after Islamic State conquests
BAGHDAD (Reuters) – Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi retired two senior generals on Tuesday as part of an overhaul of the country’s armed forces, which collapsed this summer in the face of Islamic State insurgents who seized wide areas of northern and western Iraq.
- Former US Ambassador to Afghanistan Reacts to Karzai