- Yemen Qaeda claims rocket attack near US embassy
SANAA (AFP) — Yemen’s al-Qaeda-linked Ansar al-Sharia claimed responsibility for a rocket that hit near the US embassy in Sanaa Saturday, shortly after the mission said it was unlikely the target.
- Iraqi army says retook dam from IS
BAQUBA, Iraq (AFP) — The Iraqi army and an alliance of Shiite militia groups on Saturday retook a dam northeast of Baghdad after days of fighting believed to have killed dozens, security sources said.
- Afghan villagers hang four Taliban men
GHAZNI: Afghan villagers hanged four captured Taliban militants from a tree on Saturday as security forces battled the insurgents for a sixth day in a district of Ghazni province, an official said.
- MH370: Malaysia, Australia, China to work together in phase two of search
TAIPING: Malaysia, Australia and China will work together under a trilateral agreement in the deployment of effective assets in the second phase of the search mission for Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Flight MH370 which went missing since last March.
- Shells land in Turkey as clashes intensify around Kobane
Four mortar shells landed in Turkey near the border with Syria on Sept. 27, injuring two people, as Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) militants clashed with Kurdish forces defending a Syrian border town, local officials and a Reuters witness said.
- Iran prays for rain amid acute water shortage
The ritual chants of “Death to America!” have not gone away, but at Friday services across Iran worshipers sought divine intervention in a matter more climatological than ideological.
- Cairo court delays Mubarak verdict until November
Cairo’s Criminal Court has delayed until Nov. 29 its verdict in the trial of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, his two sons and ex-Interior Minister Habib Adly, who are charged with ordering the murders of over 800 peaceful protesters in the January 2011 revolution.
- British aircraft return to skies of Iraq in hunt for jihadis
More than three years after UK forces withdrew from Basra, RAF bombers are again conducting operations over the country
- Iran vows to attack Jihadists in Iraq if they near border
Iran will attack Islamic State group jihadists inside Iraq if they advance near the border, ground forces commander General Ahmad Reza Pourdestana said in comments published on Saturday.
- Car Bomb Kills 10 in Iraq
Iraqi police officials say a car bomb has exploded in a town south of Baghdad, killing at least 10 people and wounding 24.