- Boko Haram insurgency tearing Nigerian families apart
At a camp for displaced people in the north-eastern Nigerian city of Yola, survivors of the recent attacks in the north of Adamawa state are scarred by what they have witnessed.
- Boko Haram video apparently shows beheading of Nigeria pilot
LAGOS, Nigeria — A new Boko Haram video shows the beheading of a man identified as the pilot of a missing Nigerian Air Force jet and burnt out parts of a plane – the first indication that Nigeria’s homegrown Islamic extremist group has the capability to bring down aircraft.
- 12 Libya soldiers killed in new Benghazi battle with Islamists: medic
BENGHAZI Libya – At least 12 Libyan soldiers were killed and 45 wounded on Friday in fresh clashes with Islamist militants near the airport of the eastern city of Benghazi, a medic said.
- Islamic State video claims to show beheading of British hostage Alan Henning
CAIRO: An Internet video released on Friday purports to show an Islamic State group fighter beheading British hostage Alan Henning, the fourth such killing carried out by the extremist group now targeted in US-led airstrikes.
- Lebanon ‘imposes curfews on Syrian refugees’
Lebanese towns and villages are increasingly imposing curfews on Syrian refugees, restricting their movements, Human Rights Watch says.
- Syria sees Turkish deployment inside its border as an aggression
The Syrian Foreign Ministry
HADITH OF THE DAY
The grave consequences of running away from Tabarra Is Hazrat Fatima Zahra’s (s.a.) stepping out of the house like Ayesha’s coming out in Jamal? Who is responsible for the Holy Prophet’s (s.a.w.a.) death? Status of Jafar al-Tayyar (a.s.) and mourning over Imam Husain (a.s.) Hazrat Jafar al-Tayyar’s (a.s.) martyrdom and mourning over Imam Husain (a.s.)