- Yemen’s Houthis storm Interior Ministry HQ
Militants loyal to Yemen’s powerful Shiite Houthi group on Wednesday stormed the headquarters of the Interior Ministry in capital Sanaa and expelled employees from their offices, a security source has said.
- CII wants ban on religious hate speeches
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s top religious body Wednesday called for a ban on religious hate speech and greater harmony between sects ahead of a holy month usually marred by anti-Shiite violence.
- New Iraqi Defense Minister Vows To Probe Army Debacle in IS Assault
BAGHDAD — Iraq’s new defense minister vowed Tuesday to investigate military failings that allowed the Islamic State group to overrun large areas of the country and to hold those responsible to account.
- U.N. warns Yazidis facing ‘attempted genocide’
Strong evidence suggests that Iraq’s ethnic and religious minority, the Yazidis, face what could amount to “attempted genocide,” a top U.N. rights official said on Wednesday.
- Air strikes kill around 25 Islamic State fighters in Iraq – residents
(Reuters) – Coalition air strikes killed around 25 Islamic State fighters on Wednesday near the northern Iraqi city of Baiji, residents told Reuters.
- Bomb outside Cairo University wounds nine: police
CAIRO: A bomb exploded outside the gates of Cairo University on Wednesday, an Egyptian police official said, wounding at least nine people including policemen.
- Shiites protest Saudi cleric’s death sentence
HYDERABAD: The international outrage against the Saudi Arabian regime for awarding the death penalty to a Shiite cleric resonated in the city with both Shiite and Sunni scholars strongly condemning the harsh sentencing.
- Saudi sentences two more to death for Shiite protests
RIYADH: A court in Saudi Arabia has sentenced two more people to death in connection with protests by minority Shiites that began three years ago, official media said.
- Iran, P5+1 pass over 90% of nuclear talks, difficult steps ahead
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham said that Iran and the P5+1 have passed over 90 percent of nuclear negotiations and final “sensitive, difficult and important” steps lie ahead, Iran’s State IRINN TV reported Oct. 22.
- New lead in hunt for Flight MH370 as experts say ‘contrails’ could be key to finding plane amid claims it is NOT in ocean at all
Changes in cloud patterns could reveal the final resting place of missing Malaysian flight MH370, according to an Australian scientist.