- Fresh violence in east Delhi’s Trilokpuri, prohibitory orders imposed after five suffer gunshot injuries
Fresh violence erupted in Trilokpuri area of East Delhi on Saturday in which five people suffered gunshot injuries after which prohibitory orders were imposed and tension continued for the third consecutive day in the wake of a clash between two groups on Diwali night.
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist despite international pleas
A 26-year-old Iranian woman convicted of murdering a man she accused of trying to rape her as a teenager was hanged on Saturday, the official news agency IRNA said, despite international pleas for her life to be spared.
- Four suspected HuJI militants arrested in Bangladesh
Thwarting a possible terrorist attack on the capital, Bangladesh police have arrested four suspected operatives of outlawed HuJI militant outfit and busted two laboratories used for making bombs.
- Kurdish forces retake north Iraqi town from Islamic State – security sources
Kurdish regional forces retook the northern Iraqi town of Zumar and several nearby villages from Islamic State insurgents on Saturday, security sources said.
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command
(Reuters) – The United States and its allies conducted 22 air strikes against Islamic State forces in Iraq on Friday and Saturday, the U.S. Central Command said.
- Iraqi forces press to secure Shiite south ahead of Ashura religious commemorations
BAGHDAD — Iraqi security forces said they cleared booby traps and explosives from a flash-point town south of Baghdad on Saturday after retaking it from Islamic State militants amid a push to shore up security ahead of a major religious commemoration.
- Houthis, Sunni supporters clash in central Yemen
(Reuters) – Yemeni Shi’ite Houthi fighters and supporters of the Sunni Muslim party Islah clashed in central Yemen on Saturday, residents and local officials said, another sign of sectarian warfare in the violence-prone country that borders Saudi Arabia.
- Lebanon army fights gunmen in Tripoli, six soldiers killed
(Reuters) – Six Lebanese soldiers were killed as the army clashed with Islamist gunmen in northern Lebanon for a second day on Saturday, using helicopters to fire rockets in the first such air attack since the war in neighbouring Syria began.
- Suicide Attack Kills 8 Shiite Militiamen in Iraq
Iraqi authorities say a suicide bombing has killed eight Shiite militiamen just north of Baghdad.
- Security forces foil major terror plot in Mastung ahead of Muharram
Security forces foiled a major terrorism plot on Saturday when they seized a huge cache of arms and explosives from Balochistan’s Mastung district, a security official said.