- Sisi gives Egypt military new powers after Sinai attack
Egyptian President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi has authorised the military to protect state facilities after jihadists killed more than 30 soldiers last week.
- Tunisia election: Secularists set to oust Ennahda party
Tunisia’s secularists are poised to win the most seats in a close-run election that should see the country’s ruling Islamists pushed into second place.
- Bahrain court bans opposition group for three months
A court in Bahrain has suspended leading Shia opposition group al-Wefaq a month before parliamentary elections are due, their defence lawyer says.
- Saudi Arabia: Lawyers jailed for judiciary criticism
A court in Saudi Arabia has sentenced three lawyers to between five and eight years in prison for criticising the justice system on Twitter.
- Nigerian Female Lawyers Say Working To Secure Chibok Girls’ Release
The Federation of Female Lawyers in Nigeria (FIDA) has said it is working with different non-governmental organisations in ensuring the safe return of the Chibok girls.
- No Fresh Violence in Trilokpuri But Curfew Continues
Curfew-like situation prevailed in East Delhi’s Trilokpuri area for the third consecutive day with people not being allowed to step out of their houses though no untoward incident took place in the violence-hit locality today.
- Jaamat ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh recruiting youths from West Bengal to join ISIS?
Burdwan blast has exposed the deep network Jamaat-ul- Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) has in West Bengal. According to preliminary National Investigation Agency (NIA) report, JMB may be recruiting youth from Bengal to supply them for global terror activities now.
- Al Qaeda continues expansion in Syria, seizes territory from moderate Syrian group
Fighters linked to al Qaeda have seized territory from a moderate Syrian rebel group in a three-day campaign that has expanded their control into one of the few areas of northern Syria not held by hardline Islamists.
- Saudi Arabia’s hate preachers must be silenced
A Gulf paper reported the suspension of the Twitter account of a Saudi preacher who urged followers on social media networking websites to celebrate the death by suicide bombing of dozens of protestors in Yemen thought to be Houthis.
- The Secret Stupid Saudi-US Deal on Syria. Oil Gas Pipeline War
The details are emerging of a new secret and quite stupid Saudi-US deal on Syria and the so-called IS.