- A 9-month Old Shiite Girl Slains at Imam Hussain Majlis in Karachi
When children are killed in the hail of virulent hatred there is a special kind of barbarity.
- Islamic State Jihadists Execute 46 Tribesmen in Iraq’s Anbar
Baghdad: Jihadists from the Islamic State group have executed at least 46 members of a tribe that fought against them in Iraq’s Anbar province, sources said.
- Jehadi activities are on in Assam, acknowledges CM Tarun Gogoi
New Delhi, Oct 29: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Wednesday conceded that jehadi activities were going on in his state but denied having any information about the main opposition party AIDUF allegedly having links with those involved in it.
- Austria Detains 14-Year-Old on Terrorism Suspicions
Vienna: Austrian authorities have detained on terrorism-related suspicions a 14-year-old boy who was allegedly planning to travel to Syria and had researched on the Internet how to build bombs, prosecutors said on Wednesday.
- Sindh govt bans pillion riding from 8th to 10th Muharram in Karachi, other cities
KARACHI (Monitoring Desk) The Government of Sindh on Wednesday issued a notification regarding a three-day ban on pillion riding in Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur, Kkhairpur and Sanghar to ensure law and order during Muharram-ul-Haram.
- Turkey Seeks to Rescue 18 Miners Trapped by Flood
Istanbul: Turkish emergency workers were on Wednesday trying to reach 18 miners who were trapped when their shaft was engulfed by water, amid growing fears that they may have drowned.
- Bangladesh’s Jamaat-e-Islami Calls for Shutdown After Chief’s Death Sentence
Dhaka: Bangladesh’s largest Islamist party Jamaat-e-Islami on Wednesday called for a country-wide shut-down after its chief Motiur Rahman Nizami was handed down the death sentence for wartime atrocities allegedly committed during the country’s 1971 Liberation War, media reports said.
- Iraqi Kurdish fighters head to Kobani to take on Islamic State
Some rebel reinforcements reached the besieged Syrian city of Kobani, officials said Wednesday. But the main force of fighters from Iraqi Kurdistan, aiming to help fellow Kurds battle Islamic State militants, was said to be still en route as night fell.
- Several Killed in Suspected Boko Haram Attack in Nigeria: Local Official
Kano, Nigeria: Suspected Boko Haram gunmen killed several people in a village in Nigeria’s far northeast, a local administrator said on Wednesday, in the latest attack since a supposed ceasefire was announced.
- Islamic State Attack on Syria Oil Field Kills 30: Monitor
Beirut: Islamic State group jihadists have attacked an oil and gas field in Syria, killing at least 30 pro-regime gunmen and security guards, a monitoring group said on Wednesday.