- Modi not on Bukhari guest list for son’s ceremony, Sharif in
Syed Ahmed Bukhari, the Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid, on Thursday said that he will not invite Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the anointment ceremony of his son as his deputy.
- Rebels chase troops from northeast Nigerian towns
Islamic extremists overran a major northeastern town that is home to Nigeria’s defense chief on Wednesday, looting the army barracks, freeing prisoners from jail and frightening thousands of residents to flee, said residents and officials.
- Iran Foils Sabotage Attempt on Heavy Water Tanks
Iranian authorities have foiled a sabotage attempt involving tanks used for the transportation of heavy water, a key component in nuclear reactors, an Iranian newspaper reported on Thursday.
- Western Companies Hope For a Bonanza in Iran
With only weeks to go until a November 24 deadline for a deal between Iran and the West over Tehran’s nuclear program, Iranian and Western investors have their fingers crossed
- Maintaining order: No pillion riding on 9th, 10th of Muharram
LAHORE: District Coordination Officer (DCO) Muhammad Usman said on Thursday the city government would ban pillion riding and suspend cell-phone services in some areas on the 9th and 10th of Muharram.
- 10 injured in clash over Muharram procession
Ten people were today injured after members of a community clashed and indulged into brick batting over Muharram procession in Prem Nagar area here, police said.
- Terror attack bid foiled ahead of Ashura
QUETTA: Security forces foiled a major terrorism plot, seizing a huge cache of arms and explosives during raids in different areas of Balochistan, Samaa reported Thursday.
- Targeted: Man injured in grenade attack
KARACHI: A man was injured when a grenade exploded near an imambargah at Kamran Chowrangi, Gulistan-e-Jauhar, on Thursday night.
- Taken for granted: Masajid Board members resign after safety suggestions ignored
GILGIT: As Muharram progresses, Shia representatives have resigned from the Masajid Board in Gilgit, complaining their suggestions to maintain sectarian harmony were overlooked.
- Iran’s Oil Revenue Falls 30% Because of Global Price Decline
Iran’s revenue from crude sales, the OPEC member’s biggest export, dropped 30 percent because of the recent decline in global oil prices, according to President Hassan Rouhani.