- Iraqi govt. tightens Karbala security ahead of Ashura
Iraq’s government has deployed extra security and intelligence members to Karbala to provide security for millions of pilgrims flocking to the holy city for Ashura mourning ceremonies.
- 177 mourning processions to be taken out in Rawalpindi
RAWALPINDI: As many as 177 mourning processions will be taken out from different localities of Rawalpindi on 8th, 9th and 10th Muharram-ul-Haram.
- Over 1,200 cops for Muharram duty
AHMEDABAD: The city police will deploy more than 1,200 police personnel for the Muharram bandobast on November 4.
- Iran shuts Taftan border for five days
QUETTA : Iran’s elite revolutionary border guards on Saturday closed Pakistan-Iran border at Taftan for five days over security concerns in the wake of upcoming Ashura event in the holy month of Muharram.
- Restrictions in Srinagar to prevent Muharram processions
Srinagar, Nov 2: Restrictions have been imposed in several areas of Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir to prevent a Shia Muharram processions, police said Sunday.
- Bangladesh sentences to death another top Islamist
DHAKA, Bangladesh – A special tribunal in Bangladesh on Sunday sentenced to death a senior leader of the largest Islamist party, the second capital sentence in a week for the mass killings during the nation’s independence war against Pakistan in 1971.
- Kobane clashes kill 100 ISIS jihadists in three days
BEIRUT: At least 100 jihadists from the Islamic State group have been killed in three days of fighting for the strategic Syrian border town of Kobane, a monitor said on Saturday.
- Bangladesh recovers from blackout after 24 hours
Dhaka: Lights came back on in most of Bangladesh on Sunday after a near 24-hour blackout that brought much of the country to a standstill.
- Iraq blast targeting Shias kills 10: officials
BAGHDAD : A car bomb targeting Shias in Baghdad ahead of the major Ashura religious commemorations killed at least 10 people on Sunday, security and medical officials said.
- ISIS lines up, kills at least 50 in Iraq
BAGHDAD: Iraqi officials and Sunni tribal leaders say Islamic State group extremists have shot 50 tribesmen, women and children in the head, killing them.