- How Alleged Islamic State Fighter Arif Majeed Was Brought Home to Mumbai
Mumbai: Six months after he left his home in Kalyan near Mumbai, allegedly to fight with the Islamic State, Arif Majeed has returned home today and has been extensively interrogated by intelligence officials.
- Austrian Police Launch Mass Raids Against Jihad Recruiters: Report
Vienna: Austrian police raided homes, prayer rooms and mosques around the country early on Friday in a mass operation targeting suspected jihad recruiters, the Austria Press Agency (APA) reported, citing police sources.
- Refused a flat in Mumbai because you eat meat? BMC will rescue you
Mumbai: In a move likely to bring relief to several home buyers, the general body of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Thursday passed a proposal to revoke permission to developers who refuse to sell apartments to non-vegetarian households.
- Islamist protests in Egypt fizzle amid clampdown; at least 3 dead
Two Egyptian army officers were killed in targeted attacks Friday, officials said, even as a government clampdown appeared to have staved off a call by Islamist groups for mass protests, which would have been the first such large-scale street unrest in months.
- Fifteen IS targets hit by US, allies in 3 days: US
The US military and its allies hit Islamic State forces with 15 air strikes in Iraq and Syria during a three-day period, the US Central Command said on Friday. – See more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/fifteen-is-targets-hit-by-us-allies-in-3-days-us/article1-1291220.aspx
- The Bombay High Court on Friday allowed applications filed by members of the Muslim community opposing a public interest litigation, seeking ban on participation of children for ‘Matam’ (mourning) during Moharram.
- (Reuters) – A state prosecutor on Friday demanded a prison term of over four years for a 20-year-old German man accused of fighting with Islamic State insurgents in Syria, in the first trial of its kind in Germany.
- One person was killed and 26 others went missing on Friday when a Bangladeshi fishing trawler capsized allegedly after it was hit by a ship in the Bay of Bengal.
- GENEVA —The UN refugee agency reports about 50 people were killed by Boko Haram insurgents in Damassak, a town in Nigeria’s Borno State, earlier this week. The UNHCR says at least 3,000 people have fled to the Diffa region in neighboring Niger in fear of their lives.
- The so-called Islamic State militants appear to be recruiting and training children in Iraq.