- Afghanistan Mired in War as US Combat Command Ends
American and NATO troops closed their operational command in Afghanistan on Monday, lowering flags in a ceremony to mark the formal end of their combat mission in a country still mired in war 13 years after the U.S.-led invasion toppled the Taliban regime for harboring those responsible for 9/11.
- EU counts on intelligence sharing to stem foreign fighters’ flow to Syria
New European Union foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini said in Turkey on Monday she hoped increased intelligence-sharing would help stop the flow of foreign fighters joining the ranks of Islamic State militants.
- Battle for Beerwah; where Omar will rely on Shia vote bank
Beerwah: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah will be relying on the major chunk of Shia voters from Beerwah constituency of Central Kashmir’s Budgam district comprising of four tehsils; Khag, Beerwah, Narbal and Magam.
- Iran to Dispatch City Buses to Provide Services for Pilgrims
Iran is to send its city buses to border regions and Iraq in order to provide pilgrims with transportation services from the holy city of Najaf to Karbala, a Tehran municipality official said.
- ISIL commander killed outside Mosul
A frontline commander of the ISIL Takfiri group has reportedly been killed in a roadside bomb attack outside the Iraqi city of Mosul.
- Takfiris Blow up Another Historic Mosque in Syria
Takfiri terrorists have destroyed yet another place of worship in Syria.
- Ottawa Extremist Urges Attack on Canadians
ISIS attempted to incite further attacks against Canadians on Sunday, issuing a propaganda video in which an Ottawa extremist scolded the government for joining the international military coalition fighting the terrorist group.
- Collaboration of Imam Hussein Holy Shrine and Red Cross Society
A voluntary cadre from the Red Cross Society collaborated with members of the Imam Hussein Holy Shrine to provide ambulatory and therapeutic services for pilgrims arriving on foot to commemorate the Arba’een Pilgrimage of Imam Hussein (Peace Be Upon Him).
- 2 killed in violent clashes in Pakistan ahead of Imran Khan’s rally
Faisalabad: At least two people were killed and several others injured when violent clashes broke out between the supporters of ruling PML-N and opposition Pakistan Tahreek-i-Insaf (PTI), ahead of Imran Khan’s call for a ‘shutdown’ of the Faisalabad city to protest alleged rigging in last year’s general elections.
- ISIL executes 12 Shiite fighters near Baghdad
Islamic State fighters executed 12 Shiite militiamen north of Baghdad after heavy fighting for control of a rural village security sources said on Sunday.