- Grand Ayatollah Sistani urges strengthening security measures
Grand Ayatollah Sistani’s representative, Sheikh Abdelmahdi al-Karbalai, said a comprehensive and scientifically sound plan should be devised to move “beyond chaos and improvisation”, Rasa News reports.
- Pakistan: Attack to Shia Mourners on Arba’een Thwarted by Police, 4 Militants Killed
PAKISTAN – At least four terrorists were gunned down in an encounter with police in Muzaffargarh on Saturday morning.
- Thousands Mark Arbaeen at Sayyed Zainab Shrine in Damascus Countryside
Thousands of worshippers marked on Saturday Arbaeen at Sayyeda Zainab Shrine in Damascus countryside, amid strict security measures.
- Syria: Islamic State beheads four men for blasphemy says Syrian Observatory
Islamic State’s self-declared police force in western Syria decapitated four men after accusing them of blasphemy, a rights group monitoring the Syrian conflict said on Saturday.
- Islamic State group shoots down Iraqi helicopter
Islamic State group militants shot down an Iraqi military helicopter on Saturday, officials said, killing the two pilots onboard and raising fresh concerns about the extremists’ ability to attack aircraft amid ongoing US-led coalition airstrikes.
- Indonesia: 26 dead, 82 still missing in mudslide
Rescuers searching for more than 80 people missing after a landslide in Indonesia deployed bulldozers and excavators today to battle their way through roads strewn with debris to the site of the disaster, officials said.
- Police Refuses to Allow December 25 Conversion Ceremony in Aligarh
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Police has said it would not allow the conversion ceremony being planned in Aligarh on December 25. The event is to be sponsored by Dharam Jagran Samanvyay Vibhag, and BJP Parliamentarian Yogi Adityanath has announced his intention to attend it.
- Islamic State Twitter account handler remanded to 5 days police custody
The alleged handler of the most influential pro-Islamic State (IS) Twitter account Mehdi Masroor Biswas has been remanded to five-day police custody.
- China Offers Military Help to Iraq to Defeat ISIL
Iraqi Foreign Minister Ibrahim Jafari said his Chinese counterpart, Wang Yi, made an offer to help Iraq fight ISIL militants.
- Saudi-bound Qaeda Militants Veiled as Women Killed by Yemeni Troops
The shooting broke out on Saturday when militants fired at a soldier during a checkpoint inspection of their bus at Harad, a town 15 kilometers from the Saudi border.