- Houthis, tribesmen clash in northern Yemen, 4 killed
At least four members of the Shia Houthi Ansarullah movement have been killed during recent clashes with tribesmen in Yemen’s troubled northern Arhab district of Sana’a governorate.
- Strong quake strikes eastern Indonesia, no tsunami expected
A strong earthquake has hit an area off the coast of eastern Indonesia, the US Geological Survey (USGS) says.
- Muslims marking passing anniversary of Islam Prophet
Millions of Muslims across the world are holding special ceremonies to mark the anniversary of the passing of Islam’s Prophet Mohammad (Peace be upon him).
- Germany offers aid for Afghan refugees in Iran: UN
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Iran says Germany has offered a contribution of over $600,000 in aid for educating the Afghan refugees in Iran.
- ‘Syria counterattack kills 20 ISIL terrorists in Deir Ezzor’
Syrian army forces have reportedly killed at least 20 ISIL Takfiri militants during a counterattack operation near an airbase in the eastern city of Deir Ezzor.
- Cameroon army dismantles Boko Haram training camp
Cameroon’s army says its forces have dismantled a training camp belonging to the Nigeria-based Boko Haram Takfiri militant group in the northernmost part of the African country.
- Pakistan officials mum over killing of TTP chief
Dubai: Pakistani officials remained tight-lipped yesterday with them neither confirming nor denying reports about the death of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) chief Mullah Fazlullah in air strikes in Afghanistan on Saturday.
- Pakistan executes four terrorists involved in 2003 attack on Pervez Musharraf
Islamabad: Four convicts, involved in an attack on former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf 11 years ago, were hanged to death Sunday at a district jail in Faisalabad following approval by the government to implement executions in terrorism-related cases.
- Jordan hangs 11 men after eight-year death penalty moratorium
Amman: Human rights groups took Jordan to task on Sunday as the country ended an eight-year moratorium on the death penalty by hanging 11 men convicted of murder.
- Taliban attacks kill 16 in Afghanistan
Kunar, Afghanistan: Roadside bombs and a Taliban attack on a police post have killed 16 people, including children, in Afghanistan.