- Bahraini security forces attack anti-regime protesters
Bahraini security forces have attacked anti-regime protesters in several villages as the ruling Al-Khalifa regime continues its crackdown on the opposition.
- 1000s hold funeral for activist killed by Saudi forces
Thousands of people in eastern Saudi Arabia have attended a funeral for a pro-democracy activist who was recently killed by the Riyadh regime forces.
- ISIL forcefully conscripting men in Iraq’s Anbar
The ISIL Takfiri terrorists are forcefully conscripting men in Iraq’s troubled western province of al-Anbar into their ranks.
- Pakistan nabs hundreds of terror suspects after school raid
Pakistani security forces have arrested hundreds of terror suspects as the government intensifies its crackdown on militants following a deadly attack on an army-run school in the country’s northwestern city of Peshawar.
- Syria refugees in Lebanon face biting winter cold
Syrian refugees are going through bitter days in refugee camps in Lebanon as the biting winter cold sets in.
- The U.S. Is Sending Specialists to Iraq to Keep Tabs on Iran’s Agents
The Pentagon is sending another 1,300 ground troops to Iraq to help local forces fight Islamic State, Pentagon press secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby told reporters on Dec. 19.
- Iraq to build new army bases, train volunteers for Mosul operation
ERBIL, Kurdistan Region—The Iraqi government has agreed to establish three army bases to train and arm new volunteers for the recapture of Mosul, said a group of parliamentarians.
- Nine dead after al-Shabab raid on Somali African Union base which houses British Embassy
Three African Union soldiers and a civilian contractor were killed when al-Shabab militants raided a Somali military base which also houses the British Embassy.
- Security forces kill school massacre planner in Pakistan shootout
The alleged planner of the deadly massacre at a school in Pakistan last week has been killed in a gun battle.
- Peshawar school massacre: Arrest warrant issued against Pakistan cleric Maulana Abdul Aziz
ISLAMABAD: A non-bailable arrest warrant was issued today against Lal Masjid cleric Maulana Abdul Aziz for threatening civil society members who were protesting against him for not condemning the Peshawar school massacre.