- Revealed: New Shocking Details About Executions By Islamic State
Islamic State last week released a new propaganda video called “The Blood Of Jihad.”
- Iran to help boost Iraq army under new deal
Baghdad, Tehran have agreed to continue cooperation in defence arena with creation of national army to protect Iraq.
- UN, EU concerned at arrest of top Bahrain Shiite leader
MANAMA, Bahrain (AP) — The UN human rights chief on Tuesday called on Bahrain’s government to immediately release the leader of the country’s main Shiite opposition group and the European Union warned that his arrest could further destabilize an already fragile political environment.
- AirAsia flight QZ8501: Radar data shows ‘unbelievably steep climb’ before crash that pushed plane beyond its limits
Radar data being examined by investigators appeared to show that AirAsia Flight QZ8501 made an “unbelievably” steep climb before it crashed, possibly pushing it beyond the Airbus A320’s limits.
- At least 26 killed in Yemen suicide bombing: security official
(Reuters) – A suicide bomber killed at least 26 people in central Yemen on Wednesday when he blew himself up at a cultural center where students were celebrating the Prophet Mohammad’s birthday, a security official said.
- Sushma Swaraj: Fate of 39 Indians in Iraq worrying Centre
NEW DELHI: As 2014 drew to an end on Wednesday, external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj said the uncertainty about the fate of 39 Indians in Iraq “continued to weigh deeply” on the government.
- A Looming Succession Crisis Could Plunge Saudi Arabia Into Crisis
The death or incapacity of King Abdullah will exacerbate tensions within the royal family over who should replace him.
- Government blocks 32 websites to check ISIS propaganda
NEW DELHI: The Centre has blocked 32 websites, including vimeo.com, dailymotion.com, pastebin.com and github.com, in an effort to curb ISIS propaganda, prompting a wave of online protests.
- Middle East humanitarian crisis will worsen, says Unicef chief
The humanitarian crisis in Syria and the Middle East and the growing number of African migrants making the treacherous journey across the Mediterranean seeking asylum is only going to get worse in 2015, aid body Unicef said.
- Search for AirAsia jet’s black box recorders could ‘take a week’
(Reuters) – Heavy seas held back divers waiting to inspect the possible wreck of an AirAsia Indonesia jet off Borneo on Thursday and an aviation official said it could be a week before the black box flight recorders are found.