- US to Host Anti-terror Summit
The United States said it will host a summit in Washington next month on preventing violent extremism, as European and American leaders call for stronger measures to monitor people online and at borders.
- Indonesian Divers Find AirAsia Flight Data Recorder
Authorities in Indonesia say divers have retrieved the flight data recorder from downed AirAsia Flight 8501.
- Indian Mujahideen operative held from Mangalore Airport
BENGALURU: The Bengaluru police on Saturday arrested a suspected Indian Mujahideen man at the Mangaluru airport. Incidentally, Riyas Syedi, 32, the suspect, is from Bhatkal in the Uttara Kannada district.
- Death toll of Karachi accident reaches 62
KARACHI: The death toll in the collision between a passenger bus and an oil tanker here on the Super Highway rose to 62 on Sunday.
- Two Female Suicide Bombers Hit Yobe
TWO female bombers, one of them aged about 15, blew themselves up in a crowded market in Potiskum, Yobe State, on Sunday.
- Peshawar attack: Schools reopen after Taliban massacre
Pupils and teachers have returned for the first time to the school in the Pakistani city of Peshawar where more than 150 people were killed last month.
- Millions rally for unity against terrorism in France
PARIS (AP) — More than a million people surged through the boulevards of Paris behind dozens of world leaders walking arm-in-arm Sunday in a rally for unity described as the largest demonstration in French history.
- Twin Blasts Hit Market in Northeast Nigeria
Two explosions ripped through a market in the northeastern Nigeria Sunday, the second attack is as many days using young girls strapped with explosives.