- India bans ISIS- What it means to the security establishment?
Bengaluru, Feb 13: In a major boost to the Indian security agencies the government of India has declared the ISIS as a terrorist organisation.
- Boko Haram attacks village in Chad as revolt spreads
Ngouboua, Chad: Boko Haram fighters attacked a village in Chad on Friday, the first known lethal attack in that country by the Nigerian militant group, which killed several people including a local chief according to residents and security forces.
- Shiite faithful defy danger to visit shrines
The significance of shrines for Shiites goes far beyond religious tourism or acts of adoration. These shrines are not merely a source of spiritual inspiration for them, but have long been their mainstays in political and social life. These shrines are related to main points of dispute that divided Islam into two different groups that nothing can now bring together.
- Alleged ISIS gunmen seize radio station in Libya
TRIPOLI: Gunmen claiming to be members of ISIS have seized control of a state-run radio station in Libya’s coastal city of Sirte, residents said Friday.
- Egypt may evacuate citizens from Libya after IS hostage photos
Egypt has offered to evacuate thousands of its citizens from Libya after Islamic State (IS) released pictures showing 21 kidnapped Egyptian Christians paraded in orange jumpsuits.
- Al Qaeda freed 6 inmates in Yemen prison attack, officials say
(CNN)Al Qaeda militants freed six of their fighters from a southern Yemeni prison during an attack on the facility Friday, just one day after the group took over a military camp in the same province, security officials said.
- Taliban Militants Storm Shiite Mosque in Northwestern Pakistan
PESHAWAR, Pakistan—Suicide bombers attacked a Shiite mosque in the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar on Friday, killing at least 19 people and wounding more than 41, officials said.
- Court acquits 68 for lack of evidence in 2002 Gujarat riot case
A trial court on Friday acquitted all the 68 accused due to lack of evidence in a case related to the 2002 post-Godhra riot at Seshan village in Deodar tehsil of Banaskantha district.
- Court rejects acquittal plea of Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi
ISLAMABAD: A lower court of the federal capital on Friday rejected the acquittal plea of Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, the alleged mastermind of Mumbai attacks in a case related to the kidnapping of a person.