- Egypt pushes for UN-backed intervention against Libya jihadists
CAIRO: Egypt called Tuesday for UN-backed international intervention in Libya after launching air strikes on Islamic State group targets following the jihadists’ beheadings of Egyptian Christians.
- 140 Indians returning from Iraq on Wednesday
NEW DELHI: As many as 140 Indians involved in labour issues in Basra in Iraq are coming back tomorrow after intervention by the Indian embassy there.
- Taliban Suicide Attacks Kill 25 in Afghanistan and Pakistan
Taliban suicide bombers dressed as police officers attacked a police station on Tuesday in Afghanistan, killing at least 20 people in the latest assault targeting local security forces, authorities said.
- Boko Haram issues new threat against Niger, Chad
YAOUNDE (CAMEROON): The Nigeria-based extremist group Boko Haram on Monday threatened neighboring countries Niger and Chad, warning the fighters were prepared to carry out suicide bombings in the countries sending troops to help fight the militants.
- Suicide bomber struck at Lahore’s red-zone area
ISLAMABAD: A Taliban suicide bomber blew himself up outside police headquarters in Pakistan’s eastern city of Lahore on Tuesday, leaving at least five persons dead and 25 injured.
- Jihadis publicly flog men in Iraq for using mobiles
ISIS have reportedly cut off the hands of three women as punishment for unknown charges and publicly flogged men for using mobile phones.
- Suspected Copenhagen gunman reportedly swore fidelity to Islamic State
In a post on what is believed to be Omar El-Hussein’s Facebook profile, he pledges allegiance to IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi ‘in full obedience in the good and bad things’.
- First ‘anti-Islamisation’ march planned in UK
LONDON: British supporters of Germany’s PEGIDA movement, which protests against what it calls the “Islamisation” of Europe, are planning their first demonstration on February 28, police said on Friday.
- Japan to give $15m to fight terror in Mideast, Africa
TOKYO: Japan, reeling from the murder of two nationals by Islamic State extremists, will offer an extra $15 million in aid to fight terrorism in Middle East and Africa, a report said on Sunday.
- Egypt stages 2nd wave of airstrikes after video of killings
CAIRO: Security officials say Egyptian warplanes have staged a second wave of airstrikes against positions of the Islamic State group in neighboring Libya.