- Turkish troops enter Syria, evacuate guards from tomb
Ankara: Almost 600 Turkish troops pushed deep into Syria early Sunday in an unprecedented incursion, evacuating Turkish soldiers guarding a historic tomb who had been stranded in territory controlled by Islamic State jihadists.
- Maldives Arrests Former President Mohamed Nasheed on Terrorism Charges
Police in the Maldives on Sunday arrested former president Mohamed Nasheed under an anti-terror law for the alleged illegal detention of a judge when he was in power more than three years ago.
- Blast kills four people in western Syria town
At least four people have been killed in an explosion in Syria’s western province of Latakia, amid the unabated violence in the war-torn country.
- Two blasts hit Iran embassy in Libya; minor damage reported
Two bombs have gone off outside the residence of the Iranian ambassador in the Libyan capital, Tripoli, causing minimum damage to the empty building.
- 41 Dead as Bangladesh Ferry Sinks, Search for Missing Continues
Paturia: An overcrowded ferry sank in a Bangladesh river today leaving at least 41 people including 11 children dead as rescuers searched for missing passengers, officials said.
- Suicide bomber kills 4 in Assad clan’s hometown
Damascus: A suicide bomber killed four people in a hospital on Sunday in an attack that took Syria’s civil war to the ruling Assad clan’s hometown for the first time, a monitoring group said.
- Kuwait jails opposition leader for insulting ruler
Kuwait City: Kuwait’s appeals court sentenced prominent opposition leader Mussallam al-Barrak to two years in jail today on charges of insulting the Gulf state’s ruler, his group said.
- Cash-rich Arab sympathisers funding IS militants: Report
London: The dreaded Sunni jihadi group Islamic State has been receiving significant financial backing from oil-rich Arab sympathisers outside Iraq and Syria where it controls large swaths, a media report said on Sunday.
- ISIL terrorists to sell bodies of Kurdish fighters
ISIL Takfiri terrorists are offering to deliver the bodies of Kurdish fighters they have killed in battles in return for cash, a newspaper reports.