- US-Israel crisis deepens over Netanyahu’s Congress speech
Sources in Israel claim that relations with America are worsening as the Obama administration is taking steps to undermine Benjamin Netanyahu’s visit to Washington next month. The Israeli prime minister is scheduled to address Congress while he is in the US capital.
- Iraqi premier gives ultimatum ahead of hinted Tikrit attack
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraq’s prime minister called on Sunni tribal fighters to abandon the Islamic State group Sunday, ahead of a promised offensive to retake Saddam Hussein’s hometown from the extremists.
- US accuses Israel of inaccurate leaks on Iran nuclear talks
The United States yesterday accused Israel of leaking a distorted image of the US negotiating position on Iran’s nuclear programme and criticised what has been described as the “continued practice of cherry-picking” and leaking information out of context.
- Pakistan arrests Iranian Sunni rebel leader on bus from border
QUETTA, Pakistan (Reuters) – Authorities in southwestern Pakistan arrested a leader of a banned Iranian rebel group on Saturday as he was traveling on a bus from the lawless border area, security officials said.
- The strategic genius of Iran’s supreme leader
On the surface, there is not much that commends Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. An anti-Semite, he has frequently questioned the Holocaust and defamed Israel in despicable terms.
- Report: Obama Threatened to Shoot Down Israeli Jets Attacking Iran
President Barack Obama threatened to shoot down Israeli planes in 2014 if they were sent to bomb Iranian nuclear facilities, according to reports attributed to a Kuwaiti newspaper.
- First Iran flight lands in Shiite-held Yemen capital
A first Iranian flight landed in the Yemeni capital on Sunday, a day after officials from the Shiite militia-controlled city signed an aviation agreement with Tehran.
- Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL in Syria, Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA, March 1, 2015 – U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported today.
- Feb Iran oil imports fall to lowest since July 2013
(Reuters) – India slashed its Iranian oil imports in February to a 1-1/2-year low to keep annual volumes from Tehran near the previous fiscal year’s levels and within the limits allowed under a deal aimed at curtailing the OPEC nation’s nuclear programme.
- Iraq army and Shi’ite militias launch attacks north of Baghdad
(Reuters) – Iraq’s armed forces, backed by Shi’ite militia, attacked Islamic State strongholds north of Baghdad on Monday at the start of a campaign aimed at driving them out of the mainly Sunni Muslim province of Salahuddin.