- Petraeus: Iran, Shiite Militias Bigger Threat To Iraq Than ISIS
Gen. David Petraeus, who commanded the U.S.-led coalition forces in Iraq, says the “foremost threat to Iraq’s long-term stability” is not the self-described Islamic State but Shiite militias backed, and sometimes guided, by Iran.
- Bomb Kills 2 at Shiite Mosque in Pakistan’s Largest City
A bomb planted on a motorcycle outside a Shiite mosque in Pakistan’s largest city on Friday killed two people and wounded six, police said, in the latest attack on a religious site in the country.
- Shia Volunteers Lead Fightback Against IS
Sky News witnesses fierce fighting sweeping Iraq as the country’s forces try to defeat Islamic State militants and drive them out.
- At least 142 killed in ‘Isil’ bombings of Yemen Shia mosques
Previously unknown “Yemen branch” of Isil claims responsibility for deadly bombings on Shia mosque in Sanaa that claim at least 142 fatalities
- A New Year in Iran?
To mark Nowruz, the Persian New Year, which commences on the first day of spring, President Obama released a video greeting to the Iranian people.
- Latest Iran Talks End Without a Deal
LAUSANNE, Switzerland — An intensive round of talks on limiting Iran’s nuclear program ended abruptly on Friday with the two sides still divided over some important issues.
- Isis destroys historic Christian and Muslim shrines in northern Iraq
Islamic State militants appear to have destroyed Christian and Shia Muslim shrines in northern Iraq – including a fourth-century memorial built by an Assyrian king – in the group’s latest rampage against the embattled country’s religious and cultural heritage.
- Iraq: IS war crimes fear as mass grave unearthed in Tikrit
MORE than a dozen bodies have been unearthed from a mass grave near the northern Iraqi city of Tikrit, as a new UN report said Islamic State (IS) militants may have committed genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity during their rampage across the country.
- Pro-Muslim Brotherhood protest in Mataryia, Haram districts
CAIRO: Dozens of Muslim Brotherhood (MB) supporters have staged protests Friday in Cairo’s northern district of Mataryia, Youm7 reported.
- Brotherhood creates ‘terrorist’ cells to claim attacks: Egypt police
CAIRO: The Muslim Brotherhood creates “terrorist cells” to claim responsibility for attacks, repelling accusations of “terrorism” against the Brotherhood itself, the Ministry of Interior claimed in a Thursday statement.