- How Iran Became the Middle East’s Moderate Force
The political maturity of Iran as a rational state not only renders Netanyahu’s congressional speech futile but further inspires the United States to advance a nuclear deal.
- Obama Says Iran Hasn’t Made Concessions Needed for Agreement
(Bloomberg) — President Barack Obama said Iranian negotiators have made concessions in nuclear talks, though not enough to seal an agreement with the U.S. and five other major powers to lift some sanctions.
- Iran’s leader rules out regional cooperation with US
Tehran (AFP) – Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Saturday ruled out any cooperation with the United States in the troubled Middle East, saying talks with Washington are confined to nuclear issues.
- Under ISIS, Life In Mosul Takes A Turn For The Bleak
Thousands of Sunni Arabs from Mosul, Iraq’s second largest city, escaped to Erbil at the end of the summer when the militants of the self-proclaimed Islamic State first overran the city and imposed a draconian social code.
- Obama: ‘Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei Has Issued Fatwa Against Development of Nuclear Weapons’
(CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama said this week that the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the supreme leader of Iran, has isued a fatwa against the development of nuclear weapons.
- Fight Against ISIS In Anbar Is Being Led By Locals, Showing Distrust Of Military
ISTANBUL — Sunni tribesmen in Iraq’s volatile Anbar province appear set for a critical test in the fight against the Islamic State group.
- Afghan woman beaten to death for allegedly burning Quran
KABUL: An Afghan woman was beaten to death and her body was set on fire by a mob in Kabul on Thursday for allegedly burning a copy of the Quran, police officials said.
- Al-Qaeda takes control of Yemen’s southern city of al-Houta
Al-Qaeda took control on Friday of Yemen’s southern city of al-Houta, following heavy clashes with security forces, Al Arabiya News Channel reported, citing security sources.
- Shia rebels call for Yemen offensive; US troops evacuate
ADEN, Yemen: Yemen’s Shia rebels issued a call to arms Saturday to battle forces loyal to the country’s embattled president, as US troops were evacuating a southern air base crucial to America’s drone strike program after al-Qaida militants seized a nearby city.
- Shia Muslims too celebrate Navroze
MUMBAI: Not many know, besides Iranians and Parsis, Shia Muslims too celebrate Navroze. On Saturday, Shias welcomed the day with prayers and niyaz (special prayer followed by distribution of sweets).