- Iran summons Saudi diplomat over plane interception in Yemen: ISNA
ANKARA (Reuters) – Iran’s foreign ministry summoned the Saudi charge d’affaires on Friday to protest Riyadh’s interception of two Iranian planes carrying humanitarian aid to Yemen, the Students News Agency ISNA reported.
- Syrian Town Jisr Al-Shughour Seized By Rebels In Major Blow To Assad
BEIRUT (AP) — Hard-line Syrian rebel groups seized a strategic town Saturday in northwestern Syria, sending government troops fleeing after intense clashes that have seen the opposition take nearly all of a crucial province.
- FBI investigating possible Islamic State terrorism plot in U.S.: CNN
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is investigating a possible Islamic State-inspired terrorism plot in the United States, CNN reported on Saturday, quoting law enforcement officials.
- The Saudis, Iran, Yemen and a bad case of worst case thinking
The current spasm of conflict in Yemen has left close to 1,000 people dead, as of writing on 22 April. The fighting involves three groups, broadly, including two primary fighting groups.
- Islamic State captures dam, overruns base in western Iraq
The Islamic State seized control of a dam and overran a military barracks in the Thar Thar area in western Iraq over the past several days. Over 120 Iraqi soldiers and a senior general were killed during the Islamic State offensive.
- Vulnerable Saudi Arabia must be careful over Yemen war: Lawyer
Press TV has conducted an interview with Edward Corrigan, an international and human rights lawyer in Ontario, to discuss Saudi Arabia’s military aggression against Yemen.
- Iran convoy turns away from Yemen, U.S. ship returns to Gulf
WASHINGTON — The aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt has returned to the Persian Gulf after several days shadowing a convoy of Iranian vessels suspected of carrying arms to war-torn Yemen.
- With Iran out of the picture, Hezbollah tops Israel’s threat list
Attacks attributed to Israel come against the backdrop of hints by Hezbollah leader Nasrallah that his group’s missile targeting capacities have improved.
- President Rouhani extends condolences to Nepal after quake
Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani has offered condolences to the Nepali people for a devastating earthquake which has killed over 1,800 so far.
- Three Islamic State car bombs hit Iraq-Jordan border crossing, four dead
(Reuters) – Three suicide car bombs exploded at a border crossing between Iraq and Jordan on Saturday, killing four soldiers, a witness and an Iraqi border police source said, in an attack claimed shortly afterwards by Islamic State.