- In Rare Remarks, George W. Bush Argues Against The Lifting Of Iran Sanctions – NYTimes.com
LAS VEGAS — Former President George W. Bush said the United States must show that it can follow through on its promises, and argued against the lifting of sanctions against Iran during rare remarks about foreign policy in a meeting with hundreds of Jewish donors here Saturday night.
- Eyeing Arab ties, Israel to observe nuclear pact meeting
JERUSALEM (Reuters) – Israel will take part as an observer in a major nuclear non-proliferation conference that opens at the United Nations on Monday, ending a 20-year absence in hope of fostering dialogue with Arab states, a senior Israeli official said.
- Fighting escalates across Yemen, air strikes on capital Sanaa
ADEN/CAIRO (Reuters) – Air raids, naval shelling and ground fighting shook Yemen on Sunday in some of the most widespread combat since a Saudi-led alliance intervened last month against Iranian-allied Houthi militia who have seized large tracts of the country.
- Iran leader criticises rich kids after deadly car crashes
Tehran (AFP) – Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei criticised fast-driving wealthy youngsters Sunday for creating “psychological insecurity” on the streets after two high-speed accidents killed five people.
- Iraqi army claims progress in Anbar amid Baghdad bombings
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraq’s army announced it was making progress in the battle against Islamic State militants in Anbar province Sunday even as it struggled to retake territory lost over the weekend and a string of bombings rocked the capital.
- Saudi-led air strikes on Shiite rebels continue in Yemen’s third-largest city
SANAA, Yemen — Deadly street battles raged in Yemen’s third-largest city on Sunday, as airstrikes by the Saudi-led coalition battling Shiite rebels struck targets in several cities, security officials said.
- Iran Won’t Give Up on Its Revolution
Washington — The announcement last month of a preliminary agreement between the United States and Iran has led some to believe that Tehran will now enter the international system as a responsible actor.
- Bahrain again extends top rights activist’s detention
Bahrain on Sunday extended by two weeks the period of detention for prominent rights activist Nabeel Rajab, accused of spreading false news, for the second time this month.
- IS vows to make Yemen part of its ‘caliphate,’ wipe out Huthi insurgency
The Islamic State group on Sunday has declared the war-torn Yemen its new fighting ground, pledging to wipe out the Huthi insurgency.
- Iran vows response to Saudi blocking of aid plane to Yemen
A senior Iranian official says Saudi Arabia’s blockade of Yemen and its prevention of the delivery of the Islamic Republic’s humanitarian aid to the war-wracked country will not go unanswered.