- Hezbollah says will attack Nusra Front inside Syria
BEIRUT (Reuters) – Hezbollah’s leader said on Tuesday his Lebanon-based militant group will launch an attack inside Syria against al Qaeda-linked insurgents in the mountain region along the countries’ border.
- Khamenei says U.S. military threats against Iran endanger nuclear talks
ANKARA (Reuters) – Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Wednesday U.S. military threats made in the last few days may scupper nuclear talks as Tehran and six major world powers try to meet a June 30 deadline for a final deal.
- IS attack on Kurdish forces in Syria ‘kills 16’
Beirut (AFP) – At least 16 members of the Syrian Kurdish security forces were killed Wednesday in an Islamic State group attack on a base in the northeastern province of Hasakeh, a monitor said.
- What lies behind Pakistani charges of Indian ‘terrorism’
Why would Pakistan’s army accuse Indian intelligence of “whipping up terrorism” in Pakistan?
- King’s changes make Saudi policy less predictable
RIYADH (Reuters) – Changes in Saudi Arabia’s leadership have concentrated power in an inner circle of the Al Saud dynasty, removing constraints on the monarch and making the conservative kingdom’s strategic positions less predictable.
- Saudi Arabia owns twice as many UK-made war planes as the RAF
Reports that Saudi Arabia used approximately twice as many British-made jets in their bombing campaign against Yemen as the UK Royal Air Force (RAF) has ready for combat is “indicative [of the UK’s] indiscriminate” sale of arms to oppressive regimes, according to an anti-arms trade campaign group.
- The Next bin Laden? Meet ISIS’ New Top Dog
ISIS is one of the greatest threats to our world today—and we know little about it.
- Tension in Shamli district after Tableeghi Jamaat volunteers assaulted
Lucknow: Western region of Uttar Pradesh, which is still recovering from large scale communal riots of September 2013, again simmered due to protest by Muslims over alleged misbehaviour with a group of Tableeghi Jamaat volunteers.
- Scene of Iraqi Massacre Becomes Shiite Pilgrimage Site
TIKRIT, Iraq — The concrete platform at the river’s edge is festooned with flowers and streaked with blood.
- Hezbollah Under Pressure After Facing Losses in Syria, Opposition in Lebanon
Hezbollah has suffered severe and serious losses in the battle for an important mountainous region that serves as a natural buffer between war-torn Syria and Lebanon, Lebanese media reported on Wednesday.