- Gen. McChrystal: Americans should be very concerned about ISIS
From the fighting in Yemen to the threat of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, battlefields across the globe make daily headlines in the U.S.
- Palestinians say they number 12.1 mn people worldwide
Jerusalem (AFP) – The Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics said Tuesday it has recorded a population of 12.1 million people, of whom 4.6 million live in the occupied territories and the remainder abroad.
- US warns Iran against sending aid ship to Yemen
Washington (AFP) – An Iranian ship purportedly carrying aid to Yemen should change course and head to Djibouti where the United Nations is overseeing humanitarian deliveries, US officials demanded Tuesday.
- Assad forces continue battle with Syrian rebels
The two countries — one a democracy, the other a conservative kingdom — have for years been at odds over how to deal with Assad, their common enemy. But mutual frustration with what they consider American indecision has brought the two together in a strategic alliance that is driving recent rebel gains in northern Syria, and has helped strengthen a new coalition of anti-Assad insurgents, Turkish officials say.
- Yemen officials say some ground fighting after cease-fire
SANAA, Yemen (AP) — With cargo ships poised to launch a desperately needed aid operation in embattled Yemen, a five-day humanitarian cease-fire began Tuesday night, just hours after Saudi-led coalition warplanes struck against Shiite rebels and their allies.
- Britain to announce new laws on Islamic extremism
London (AFP) – British Prime Minister David Cameron was to announce new laws to combat “poisonous Islamist ideology” Wednesday in his first major policy announcement since winning last week’s general election.
- Hindus are not Kafir, says Indian Deobandi cleric. But Shias are Kafir, Sunni Sufis and Barelvis are mushrik
LUBP: We welcome the tolerant and inclusive approach shown by Mualana Arshad Madni, senior Deobandi cleric of India’s Darul-Uloom Deoband towards Hindu community.
- Israel Says Hezbollah Positions Put Lebanese at Risk
TEL AVIV — Viewed from the air, Muhaybib looks like a typical southern Lebanese village — a cluster of about 90 houses and buildings punctuated by the minaret of a mosque and surrounded by fields.
- Attacks in Iraqi capital kill at least 19 Shiite pilgrims
BAGHDAD — Attacks on Shiite pilgrims commemorating the death of revered 8th century Shiite Imam Moussa al-Kazim killed at least 19 people and wounded more than 50 across the Iraqi capital, police officials said.
- Militant attack leaves 41 Shia pilgrims dead in Pakistan
At least 41 people have been killed and 20 others wounded after unidentified armed men launched an attack on a bus carrying Shia Muslim pilgrims in Pakistan’s southern province of Sindh.