- Iraq enlisted 100,000 militiamen to fight ISIL and now it can barely control them
BAGHDAD—With traffic on the Republic Bridge snarled up for half a mile and lunchtime fast approaching, the two pickup trucks chock full of armed men in desert camouflage decided they could stand the wait no longer.
- Iran threatens ‘80,000 rockets at Tel Aviv and Haifa’ over distorted Ya’alon comment
Iran’s UN envoy also mistook the exaggerated statements for real and issued a letter to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon.
- New Documents Reveal Bin Laden Wanted to Set Up Shop in Iran
New documents taken from his compound show the group was much more tolerant of the Shiite state than its successor, ISIS. It even contemplated opening an office there.
- Yemen’s Shiite rebel leader backs UN peace talks set for May 28
SANAA, Yemen — Peace talks on Yemen will begin next week in Geneva, the U.N. announced Wednesday, as the international community tries to end weeks of Saudi-led airstrikes against an Iran-supported rebel group and a growing humanitarian crisis that has left millions short of food and fuel.
- Saudi coalition hits Yemen rebels; UN sets peace talks date
SANAA, Yemen — The Saudi-led coalition bombed Shiite rebels in at least five northern Yemeni provinces on Wednesday as the United Nations set the date for peace talks on the country’s crisis for next week in Geneva.
- Muqtada Al-Sadr Warns Islamic State Not to Attack Shi’ite Cities
Influential Iraqi Shi’ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr has warned Islamic State (IS) militants against any attacks on Iraq’s Shi’ite-majority cities and religious sites in Iraq.
- Involving Iranian-affiliated Shia militias in the fight for Ramadi is a Recipe for Disaster
Brussels, European Iraqi Freedom Association (EIFA) press release – The European Iraqi Freedom Association (EIFA) is deeply concerned at the fall of Ramadi, the capital of Anbar province, to the terrorist ISIS jihadis and we reiterate that the only way this tragedy could have been averted was by involving the genuine participation of the Sunni tribes in Iraq’s political process.