- U.S. says 10,000 Islamic State militants killed in nine-month campaign
More than 10,000 Islamic State fighters have been killed since the international coalition started its campaign against the militant group nine months ago in Iraq and Syria, U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Antony Blinken said on Wednesday.
- Yes, Bush helped create ISIS — and set up the Middle East for a generation of chaos
Remember May 2003, in the heady days just after the US toppled Saddam Hussein? President Bush, standing on an aircraft carrier draped with that fateful “Mission Accomplished” banner, declared that “major combat operations in Iraq had ended.”
- IS closes Iraq dam gates, sparking humanitarian fears
Baghdad (AFP) – Islamic State group jihadists have closed the gates of a dam in the Iraqi city of Ramadi which they seized last month, posing a humanitarian and security threat, officials said Tuesday.
- Iran: Controversy over ‘extravagant’ Khomeini shrine
Conservative websites and social media users have slammed the modifications to Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini’s mausoleum in southern Tehran.
- AP Interview: Top Yemen Shiite Rebel Welcomes UN Peace Talks
The second-in-command of Yemen’s Shiite rebels said Wednesday that the Iranian-backed group was ready to go to Geneva for U.N.-mediated peace talks on ending the country’s civil war, and accused the internationally-recognized government in exile of “obstructing” dialogue.
- Bomber in Saudi Shiite Mosque Attack Identified as Saudi
Saudi Arabia on Wednesday identified the suicide bomber behind last week’s attack on a Shiite mosque that killed four people as a Saudi national as it offered cash rewards for information leading to the arrest of other terrorist suspects.
- Video shows moment bomber is pushed away from Shia mosque in Saudi
A video has been released that reportedly shows the moment two cousins pushed a suicide bomber away from the al-Anoud mosque in Saudi Arabia’s Dammam City.
- Chittagong Jamaat Ameer arrested again
Chittagong city unit Jamaat-e-Islami Ameer ANM Shamsul Islam has been arrested again from the jail gate immediately after his release after getting bail.
- Internal conflict: Is Muslim Brotherhood falling apart?
When Muslim Brotherhood Secretary General Mahmoud Hussein issues a statement, then party spokesman Mohamed Montasser issues another to refute it, it is obvious that there are internal conflicts.
- Iraq turning into whirlwind of displacement
More than 100,000 Iraqis displaced in Anbar in the last two weeks are desperately seeking to flee to safety while hardly any aid is reaching them, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) warned today.