- IS fighters dead in failed attack on Syria Alawite town: monitor
Beirut (AFP) – At least 19 Islamic State group fighters were killed on Wednesday in a failed attack on an Alawite village in the central Syrian province of Homs, a monitor said.
- Russia’s Caucasus Islamists ‘pledge allegiance’ to IS
Moscow (AFP) – Islamist militants in four regions of Russia’s Caucasus have pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group, according to a recording which was welcomed by IS after being posted online.
- 3 Brilliant Things That May Surprise You About Muslim Women!
Who is the person under a Hijab*? (or a niqab or burka- some of the traditional Muslim women’s clothes).
- Iraqi Shi’ite special forces take lead in Baiji fight
BAGHDAD (Reuters) – Iraq’s most powerful Shi’ite force said it is relying more heavily on elite units who fought in Syria in the battle against Islamic State for control of a critical Iraqi refinery and is now well placed to counter the militants’ guerrilla warfare.
- Saudi-led warplanes bomb rebels across Yemen
Sanaa (AFP) – Warplanes from the Saudi-led Arab coalition have launched heavy raids against rebel positions in seven Yemeni provinces, witnesses and military sources said Wednesday.
- Kerry warns no Iran deal if concerns left unanswered
Washington (AFP) – Top US diplomat John Kerry warned Wednesday there would be no deal with Iran if it fails to satisfy all lingering questions about its nuclear program, as he prepares to head back to tough negotiations.
- Yemen Shiite Rebels Kill 3 Saudi Soldiers in Border Attack
Saudi Arabia says Yemen’s Shiite rebels have launched two separate attacks along the kingdom’s border, killing three Saudi soldiers.
- The Saudi Way: Fighting ISIS With Sauna And Art Therapy
For most of his 20s, all al-Enezi could think about was becoming a jihadi fighter.
- Hezbollah Brigades flaunts US equipment in Anbar operation
A video released on a YouTube account linked to the Popular Mobilization Committee or the “People’s Mobilization Units” (PMU), a coalition of largely Shiite militia forces, shows a montage of Hezbollah Brigades footage from its operations in Iraq’s Anbar province.
- Drone strike kills four ‘Qaeda militants’ in Yemen
A drone strike has killed four suspected Al-Qaeda militants in southeast Yemen, a front-line in the US war on the jihadist network, a provincial official said Thursday.