- More than 100 dead as militants, Egyptian army clash in North Sinai
Egypt’s army said on Wednesday more than 100 militants and 17 soldiers were killed after simultaneous assaults on military checkpoints in North Sinai, in the deadliest fighting in years in the restive province.
- IAEA chief heads to Iran as nuclear talks reach last stretch
The global nuclear watchdog said on Wednesday its boss would fly to Tehran to discuss one of the biggest sticking points that need to be resolved so that Iran and world powers can reach a breakthrough final nuclear deal by a new deadline of next week.
- British death toll from Tunisia attack rises to 29
The number of Britons confirmed killed by an Islamist gunman in Tunisia last Friday has risen to 29.
- UK weighs more action against IS in Syria after Tunisia attack
Britain is considering whether it could and should do more to help defeat Islamic State militants in Syria after a deadly attack in Tunisia last week killed up to 30 of its nationals, a spokeswoman for Prime Minister David Cameron said on Wednesday.
- Syrian Kurds say thwart big Islamic State attack on border town
A Syrian Kurdish militia said it had recovered full control of the border town of Tel Abyad on Wednesday after Islamic State fighters raided its outskirts the day before in preparation for a larger assault.
- Islamic State less visible in Syrian stronghold – monitor
The hardline Islamic State group has installed surveillance cameras in its Syrian stronghold Raqqa city because it does not appear to have enough members to patrol the streets, a group monitoring the war said on Wednesday.
- Yemen rebels kill 31 as UN declares highest-level emergency
Aden (AFP) – Rebel fire on a residential district of Yemen’s second city Aden killed more than 30 civilians, as the UN declared its highest level humanitarian emergency in the war-torn country.
- Muslim groups clash in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow, July 30: Over a dozen people were injured in a Meerut village of Uttar Pradesh when clashes erupted between two sects of Muslims over offering Eid prayers, police said Wednesday.
- Saudi-Israeli Secret Talks And Joint Diplomacy
The Saudis and Israelis have had a series of ‘non-official’ secret meetings over the last year in order to counter Iranian influence.