- Six foreign jihadists killed in Syria air strike – Observatory
One senior Tunisian Islamic State leader alongside five other foreign jihadists were killed in an air strike near the northeastern city of Hasaka, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported on Monday.
- Cameron says he wants Britain to do more to fight IS in Syria
Prime Minister David Cameron wants Britain to do more to help the United States destroy Islamic State in Syria, he said in an interview broadcast on Sunday.
- Houthi bombardment in Yemen’s Aden kills 43 – exiled government
A bombardment in Aden by the Houthi militia and forces loyal to former president Ali Abdullah Saleh killed 43 people and injured 173 on Sunday, the health ministry of Yemen’s exiled government said two days after declaring the city had been liberated.
- Nuclear deal could herald major change within and beyond Iran
An unlikely group in the Middle East has found common ground in recent days: Saudi Arabia, Israel and hardliners within Iran have all made clear they consider the landmark nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers a very bad idea.
- AU troops in new offensive against Shebab
Mogadishu (AFP) – African Union troops said Sunday they had launched a new offensive against Al-Qaeda-affiliated Shebab rebels in southern Somalia, vowing to flush the insurgents out of rural areas.
- Syria’s army says battles rebels near president’s homeland
Syria’s army said on Sunday it had stepped up air strikes and retaken villages in a new offensive on Islamist insurgents in areas close to President Bashar al Assad’s ancestral homeland in the coastal province of Latakia.
- Qaeda claims killing of at least nine Algerian soldiers
Algiers (AFP) – Al-Qaeda’s North African branch claimed an ambush of an Algerian army patrol that killed at least nine soldiers, in one of the deadliest such attacks in years.
- Bahraini MP to Mojahedin: ‘The End of Iran begins; I assure you our next meeting will be in Tehran under your leadership’
Ahlul Bayt News Agency – A member of the foreign relations commission in the Bahraini Parliament said he is confident that the upcoming meeting of the so-called “People’s Mojahedin of Iran” organization (Mojahedin-e-Khalq) will be in Tehran after the overthrow of the regime.
- Islamic State Eid attack in Iraq kills 90 as Saudis arrest 400
Iraq mourned its dead yesterday as the death toll from one of its deadliest car bombs rose to at least 90.
- Wrangling begins as US Congress considers Iran deal
The US State Department has sent the Iran nuclear deal to Congress, setting the stage for a high-stakes review process. Obama’s political opponents and the key US allies in the Middle East strongly oppose the agreement.