- Post Iran Deal: Time for the Israelis and the Saudis to Get Their Act Together
Much of the debate over the nuclear deal with Iran focused on the technical issues relating to Iranian compliance and to international inspections, or on the prospects for changes in Iranian policy that could result from repealing the international economic sanctions.
- Taliban Chief Mullah Omar Comes Out of Hibernation
Chief Talib, Mullah Omar, has allegedly come out of hibernation to issue a message on the occasion of the Eid-ul-Fitr holiday following the holy month of Ramadan.
- U.S., allies conduct 30 air strikes in Syria, Iraq: U.S. military
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The United States and its allies conducted 15 air strikes against Islamic State in Syria on Tuesday, and another 15 strikes targeting the militant group in Iraq, the U.S. military said on Wednesday.
- We Cannot Defeat ISIS Until We Stop Iran and Saudi From Pouring Fuel on the Sectarian Fire
SHARJAH, United Arab Emirates — Sunni vs. Shia sectarian tension and violence is raging, and ISIS — a Sunni terrorist group — is taking advantage of it. We cannot defeat ISIS unless parties on both sides — particularly Iran and Saudi Arabia — stop fueling sectarianism.
- Saudi king to visit Russia by end of 2015: Chechen leader
Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud is expected to travel to Russia’s North Caucasus Republic of Chechen before the end of the year, reports say.
- Army Chief: ISIS’ rise could have been prevented in Iraq
The Army’s top officer said Tuesday it was “frustrating” to watch the gains U.S. troops helped achieve in Iraq unravel with the entrance of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, and that the chaos “might have been prevented.”
- Car bomb kills at least 20, injures 48 in Baghdad
BAGHDAD/WASHINGTON: A car bomb exploded in a crowded marketplace in a mainly Shia district of the Iraqi capital on Wednesday, killing at least 20 people, police and medical sources said.
- Bahrain summons Iranian diplomat over leader’s comments
Bahrain summoned a senior Iranian diplomat to the Gulf nation this week to protest against comments made by top Iranian leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
- Iran pushes nuclear deal as U.S. lawmaker aims to stop it
Iran’s pragmatist government tried on Wednesday to sell its nuclear agreement with world powers to hardliners at home, just as a U.S. Congressional leader promised to do “everything possible” to sink the deal.
- IS announces Haditha, Iraq, as next target
BAGHDAD, July 22 (UPI) — An Islamic State message has identified the city of Haditha, Iraq, as the target of the militant group’s next major offensive.