- Syrian Rebels Accuse Kurdish Forces of ‘ethnic Cleansing’ of Sunni Arabs
Kurdish forces fighting Islamic State jihadists in north-east Syria have been accused of “ethnic cleansing” of Sunni Arabs by a coalition of other rebel groups.
- Rebels, Qaeda launch assault on Syria’s Daraa
Beirut (AFP) – Rebels including Al-Qaeda’s Syrian affiliate launched a fresh offensive on the major southern city of Daraa, saying their aim was to “purify” the area.
- Saudi FM: Iran deal may stop Tehran from getting nuke weapon
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister said Thursday the Iran nuclear deal appears to have the provisions needed to curtail Iran’s ability to obtain a nuclear weapon in what were the most favorable remarks yet from the kingdom on the recent agreement.
- Hezbollah Seizes Two Key Hilltops From Syrian Jihadists
A detachment of Hezbollah fighters managed to capture two strategic hilltops from rebel groups near Syria’s border with Lebanon today.
- Iraq deploys U.S.-trained troops to Ramadi fight for first time
BAGHDAD (Reuters) – Iraq has for the first time deployed soldiers trained by the U.S.-led coalition in their campaign to retake the city of Ramadi from Islamic State militants, the U.S. military said on Thursday.
- Turkish warplanes bomb IS targets in Syria
Istanbul (AFP) – Turkish fighter jets early Friday bombed positions of Islamic State jihadists inside Syria for the first time, in a dramatic escalation of fighting after the killing of a Turkish soldier in cross-border clashes.
- The Iran deal, a triumph for diplomacy
Till a few years ago, it was difficult even to imagine that a diplomatic solution would be found to the Iranian nuclear crisis.
- We Kurds are the antidote to Isis – but we need Britain and Baghdad to help
The grotesque massacres by Islamic State in Tunisia, France, Kuwait and Kobane in Syria confirm deepening fears about its global reach.
- Buying time with Iran is worthwhile
The focus on the details of the Iranian nuclear deal is misplaced.
- Leader Of Iran’s Jewish Community Calls Netanyahu ‘Delusional’ Over Iran Deal
TEHRAN — Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel’s prime minister, continues to campaign in favor of war with Iran despite last week’s historic nuclear deal. But a recent, important critic of his rhetoric comes from his own faith.