- Top Nigeria Shia scholar ‘Sheikh Zakzaky’ attends Islamic Resistance Ulema Union in Beirut
Ahlul Bayt News Agency – Islamic scholars from around the globe participating in a conference in Lebanon’s capital Beirut have underlined the need for the Muslim world to unite against Israel, saying the Zionist regime has launched an open war on Muslims.
- Shia, Sunni religious clerics’ joint conference in Beirut; ‘Iran actively attends Resistance Scholars Union Assembly’
Ahlul Bayt News Agency – “A new chapter has been open for the oppressed nation of Palestine,” pointed out Secretary General of the World Forum for Proximity of the Islamic Schools of Thought.
- White House confirms death of Mullah Omar
The White House has confirmed that Mullah Mohammed Omar, the former leader of Taliban militant group in Afghanistan, is dead.
- ‘Shias being targeted’
Shia clerics will meet Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav at his Delhi residence next week and tell him that members of their community were being targeted, a spokesman said on Saturday.
- Mashhad Friday Prayer Leader: Relationship between Shiite and Ahlul Bayt is bilateral
Ahlul Bayt News Agency – At the beginning of the 3rd day of ‘International conference of World Imamia Medics’, Mashhad Friday prayer leader, Ayatollah Alamolhoda explained the relationship between the Imams and their followers in the Shiite culture and stressed it as a bilateral relations.
- Pakistan police kill leader of anti-Shiite militant group
Malik Muhammad Ishaq, the chief of Sunni terrorist group Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ), and his two sons were killed in a police shootout in Punjab province of Pakistan on Wednesday.
- Sudan’s presidential aide calls for promoting Sufism to combat religious extremism
August 1, 2015 (KHARTOUM) – Sudan’s first presidential assistant and son of the leader of Khatmiyya Sufi sect, al-Hassan al-Mirghani, has said that Sufi orders are the powerful antidote to violent religious extremism and Jihadist movements.
- Muslim Brotherhood leader dies behind bars in Egypt
A leader of Egypt’s Muslim brotherhood movement has died in jail due to what human rights groups call “deliberate medical negligence” by prison authorities.
- At Least 4,693 Killed across Iraq in July
During July, Antiwar.com found that 1,286 civilians and security personnel were killed across Iraq. Another 1,508 were wounded. Of those killed, 860 were civilians.
- Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria, Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA, Aug. 1, 2015 – U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported today.