- Kerry Wins Support for Iran Agreement From Gulf Arab Allies
Gulf Arab monarchies publicly backed Iran’s nuclear accord with global powers in a move that could bolster the Obama administration’s efforts to secure congressional approval for the agreement.
- We want Iran cooperation, not meddling, Gulf Arabs tell Kerry
DOHA (Reuters) – Iran’s nuclear deal should bring stability and “good neighborliness” rather than interference, Gulf Arab states told U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday as they began talks on the merits of its historic accord with world powers.
- Iran’s Zarif Calls for Regional Talks Beginning With Yemen
Iran called for regional dialogue to resolve crises in Yemen and Syria, as it sought to ease concerns over its foreign policy after last month’s nuclear deal.
- US-led warplanes are going after ISIS’ most devastating weapon
US-led coalition forces launched a successful airstrike last weekend against a crucial Islamic State explosives facility.
- Pro-Hadi fighters, Houthis recapture Yemen’s largest military base
ADEN (Reuters) – Fighters loyal to Yemen’s exiled president Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi, bolstered by Gulf Arab support, seized the country’s largest military base from Houthi forces on Monday after heavy combat in which dozens were killed or captured, a pro-Hadi commander said.
- John Kerry Wins Gulf States’ Cautious Support for Iran Deal
DOHA, Qatar — Persian Gulf monarchies issued a cautious endorsement on Monday of the accord Secretary of State John Kerry negotiated last month to constrain Iran’s nuclear program.
- Want to Stop Islamic State Recruitment? Look to Muslim Mothers
Here’s an idea: Call in the mothers to combat Islamic State recruitment.
- Russia says U.S. strikes on Syrian army would harm fight against Islamists
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Monday that any U.S. military strikes against the Syrian government army would complicate attempts to fight Islamic State and other groups.
- Iraqi troops, Shia, Sunni volunteers close in on IS terrorists near Fallujah
Ahlul Bayt News Agency – Iraqi security forces and popular mobilization forces (Hashad al Shabi) are continuing a prolonged assault on territory controlled by the so-called Islamic State terror group (IS) outside Saklawiya, which lies near Fallujah and 60 kms (37 miles) from the Iraqi capital.
- US to speed up arms sales to Gulf after Iran deal: Kerry
Doha (AFP) – Washington has agreed to speed up arms sales to Gulf states, US Secretary of State John Kerry announced Monday after talks in Doha on their concerns over the Iran nuclear deal.