- Truck bomb in Kabul kills eight, wounds hundreds
A truck bomb exploded near an army compound in central Kabul on Friday, killing at least eight people and wounding hundreds, police and health officials said, in the first major attack in the Afghan capital since the Taliban announced a new leader.
- Exclusive: Rafsanjani on future of Iran-US ties, Saudi Arabia
TEHRAN — In an exclusive interview with Al-Monitor, Ayatollah Hashemi Rafsanjani, one of Iran’s most powerful politicians, spoke about the future of relations with the United States.
- Suicide bomber kills 15 in Saudi security site mosque
A suicide bomber killed at least 15 people in an attack on a mosque used by members of a local security force in southwest Saudi Arabia on Thursday, the interior ministry said, an assault that an online statement said was carried out by Islamic State.
- Key Democrats turn against Obama’s Iran deal
Washington (AFP) – Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer announced he would vote against the Iran nuclear deal, in a blow to President Barack Obama’s efforts to sell the measure.
- UN set to vote on Syria chemical weapons probe
United Nations (United States) (AFP) – The UN Security Council is expected to adopt on Friday a draft resolution that would set up a panel to determine who is responsible for deadly chlorine gas attacks in Syria, diplomats said.
- Iranian President Rouhani says Iran and Turkey must work together to fight ISIS
Tehran (AFP) – Iran and Turkey must work with one another to root out the threat of extremism in the region, President Hassan Rouhani told his Turkish counterpart, the official IRNA news agency reported.
- Kuwait Court Frees 11 Suspects in Shiite Mosque Attack
Kuwait City: A Kuwaiti court trying 29 suspects in a deadly bomb attack on a Shiite mosque freed 11 defendants Thursday, while the main accused said he had been told worshippers would not be harmed.
- Tehran’s authorities destroy Sunni worship space
tehran Sunni worship place destroyedWhile most Iranians follow the Shiite branch of Islam, there are millions of Sunnis who also call Iran their home.
- Israel and Egypt Need Hamas on Their Side
It is in the interest of regional stability for Saudi Arabia to pull Hamas into its orbit and isolate ISIS-affiliated Wilayat Sina’ in Sinai.
- Islamic State expands outside Syria and Iraq
New Delhi: The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a deadly attack in Saudi Arabia, where a blast triggered by a suicide bomber killed 15 people at a mosque inside a special forces headquarters.