- Islamic State battles Syrian rebel forces in Damascus
Syrian rebel forces have come under attack from Islamic State (IS) on the southern outskirts of Damascus.
- US Iran’s ‘No.1 enemy’ despite nuclear deal: cleric
Tehran (AFP) – The United States remains Iran’s “number one enemy” despite a recent nuclear deal with world powers, the chief of Tehran’s top clerical committee said on Tuesday, Iranian media reported.
- The Iran Nuclear Deal: Give Diplomacy a Chance
A war with Iran would be a catastrophe, yet by opposing diplomacy, hundreds of members of Congress may be blundering into just such a conflict.
- Iran premieres big-budget epic film “Muhammad”
Iran’s most expensive movie, “Muhammad”, which chronicles the childhood of the Muslim Prophet, opened nationwide last week, winning praise from early audiences.
- What’s next for the Muslim Brotherhood?
Signs of growing radicalisation within the Muslim Brotherhood, the oldest political Islamic group, offer a disturbing read on Egypt’s near future
- Saudi top ulama slams Iran prophet movie
Saudi Arabia’s top ulama hit out at Iranian film Muhammad on Wednesday describing its portrayal of the prophet’s childhood as a “hostile act” and a “distortion” of Islam.
- Threat from so-called IS
The origins of so-called Islamic State can be traced to George W. Bush’s ill-judged, illegitimate and ill-conceived invasion of Iraq to topple Saddam Hussein in 2003, the subsequent Sunni backlash against the newly enfranchised Shias, and the appalling civil war in Syria.
- Only 16 Percent of Palestinians Back Abbas, but Support for Others Even Lower
Poll shows a crisis of trust in Palestinian leadership, but most in favor of keeping the Palestinian Authority.
- Yemen’s Shiite Rebels to Form Cabinet in 10 Days
SANAA: Yemen’s Shiite rebel leaders announced today that they will form a Cabinet in 10 days as mediated talks with the country’s internationally recognized government hit an impasse in the Gulf nation of Oman.