- Shiite Militia Releases Video of Turkish Workers Kidnapped in Iraq
BAGHDAD — A previously unknown Shiite militia released a video Friday that shows more than a dozen Turkish construction workers who were kidnapped in Baghdad recently and demands that Turkey stop the flow of jihadists into Iraq and lift a siege of several Shiite-dominated villages in Syria.
- Top Iraq Shiite cleric demands release of kidnapped Turks
Top Iraqi Shiite cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani on Saturday demanded the release of 18 Turkish workers kidnapped in Baghdad by unknown militants, saying it harmed the image of Islam.
- Bomb attack on Bahrain police station, no casualties
DUBAI: A bomb attack targeted a police station in a Bahraini Shiite village without causing casualties, the Sunni-ruled kingdom’s official BNA news agency reported Friday.
- Iraq’s top Shiite cleric urges faster reforms
Iraq’s top Shiite cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, a leading advocate of reform, on Friday urged the government to speed up the pace of change.
- Bombs kill 13 Iraq Kurds in anti-ISIS operation
Bombs killed 13 members of the Iraqi Kurdish peshmerga forces during an operation against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) militant group in the northern province of Kirkuk on Friday, officers said.
- We need to know what went wrong on Iraq – before we start fighting in Syria
It’s been six years since Sir John Chilcot began his inquiry into the invasion of Iraq.
- Iran’s supreme leader: There will be no such thing as Israel in 25 years
(CNN)Israel will not exist in another quarter century, Iran’s supreme leader, the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said during a speech this week in Tehran, state-run media report.
- Qatar appoints first Iraq envoy in 25 years
DUBAI: Qatar’s emir has appointed an ambassador to Iraq, the first since the embassy was closed 25 years ago, Iraqi and Qatari media said, in the latest sign of a thaw in relations between Gulf Arab countries and Iraq. Iraq’s foreign minister had said in May that Qatar would open an embassy in Baghdad.