- Iraqi Shiite Politicians Call for Russian Airstrikes on Islamic State
BAGHDAD—Iraqi Shiite lawmakers and militia leaders are urging Russia to launch airstrikes on Islamic State militants in their country, an escalation that would heighten tensions with Washington and increase risks of a clash between the two powers.
- Our Shiite scholars need to be active in cyberspace: Hojjatolislam Akhtari
Ahlul Bayt News Agency -ABNA- Hojjatolislam Akhtari, who was speaking at the unveiling ceremony of the Ahlul Bayt World Assembly’s new digital products, pointed to the activities of the Assembly in recent years and said: “Now more than 350 million people around the world are benefiting from the teachings of the Ahlul Bayt (AS) and this is our biggest activity in the Ahlul Bayt World Assembly.”
- High Death Toll At Hajj Stampede Fuels Further Tensions Between Sunni Saudi Arabia And Shiites In Iran And Lebanon
DAHIYEH, Lebanon — Thirty-one years ago, during the first of his two pilgrimages to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, Haji Ali tried to unlock a gate blocking Shiite pilgrims from visiting a venerated tomb.
- Shia Militia Questions US Anti Terror Fight in Iraq
Baghdad, Oct 6 (Prensa Latina) The leadership of the Popular Mobilization Forces, allied to Iraq”s Government, today compared the serious military reaction of Russia against the Islamic State (IS) with the inefficiency of the U.S. anti terror coalition.
- Saudi King Hospitalized for Dementia
Informed sources told Arabic-language al-Ahd news agency that King Salman is now in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) section of King Faisal Specialist Hospital in the Saudi capital.
- Deadly Yemen explosions include hotel where cabinet members stay
Attacks targeting exiled Yemeni officials and Saudi-led troops fighting in the country’s civil war killed at least 15 people Tuesday in the port city of Aden, authorities said. A new Islamic State affiliate claimed responsibility for the assault, which officials previously blamed on Yemen’s Shia rebels.
- PM ‘could intervene’ over death row Saudi’s case
David Cameron has said he will “look to see if there is an opportunity” to intervene personally on behalf of a protester on death row in Saudi Arabia.
- Christian pastor survives knife attack at home in Bangladesh
DHAKA, Bangladesh: A Bangladeshi pastor survived an attempt on his life by three men who came to his home pretending to want to learn about Christianity, police and the victim said Tuesday.
- IS Claims Wave of Attacks in Iraq That Killed 56 People
The Islamic State group claimed responsibility on Tuesday for a series of attacks that rocked different parts of Iraq and killed at least 56 people the night before.
- Syrian rebel groups call for regional alliance against Russia and Iran
Syria’s President Bashar Assad said in comments Sunday that the air campaign by Russian Federation against “terrorists” in his country must succeed or the whole region will be destroyed, stressing that the fight against terrorism must precede a political process.