- Imam Zain-ul-Abideen’s martyrdom commemorated
Functions were organized by Itihad-ul-Muslimeen, J&K Shia Association, Anjuman-e-Sharian Shian and other religious organizations.
- Terror bid foiled after 10-kg bomb diffused outside Shia mosque
MUZAFFARGARH (Online) – A bomb weighing about 10 kilograms was found outside an imambargah on Sunday morning and defused by the Bomb Disposal Squad in Alipur Tehsil of Punjab’s Muzaffargarh district, officials say.
- Taliban factions battling each other over choice of new leader, Afghan officials say
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan – Taliban insurgents loyal to rival leaders have been fighting in a southeastern province of Afghanistan, where about 50 men on both sides have been killed in two days, an Afghan official said Sunday.
- Farewell to Ahmed Chalabi, the con artist who led U.S. into Iraq | Farmer
We passed another milestone last week in the sorry saga of our invasion of Iraq.
- Second rare, deadly cyclone batters Yemen
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — A second extremely rare and powerful cyclone in two weeks battered the Yemeni island of Socotra with hurricane-force winds Sunday, killing a woman and causing around 5,000 people to flee their homes, a local official said.
- Iran: ‘Death to America’ Is Still Our Slogan
If you are an Iranian politician, you are living in a golden time: the economic sanctions are getting lifted against the Islamic Republic due to the nuclear deal and, thanks to the Obama administration, Tehran is getting a free pass on military interventions in the region.
- Iran-backed rebels retake positions in south Yemen
Aden (AFP) – Iran-backed rebels retook positions in southern Yemen in a bid to advance on second city Aden, military sources said Sunday as a landmine blast killed 16 soldiers east of Sanaa.
- Congress dodging war powers despite US mission in Syria
WASHINGTON (AP) — In the battle against the Islamic State group, members of Congress talk tough against extremism, but many want to run for cover when it comes to voting on new war powers to fight the militants, preferring to let the president own the battle.
- ISIL Preparing for Terrorist Operations in Pakistan
The ISIL terrorist group is preparing for large-scale terrorist operations and massacre of the Shiite Muslims in Pakistan through Pakistan’s Sipah-e-Sahaba and its military wing Lashkar-e-Jhangvi.
- Iran Slams Saudi Arabia For Executing Its Citizens
Iran has summoned the Saudi charge d’affaires in Tehran to protest the execution of three Iranians in Saudi Arabia for drug trafficking.