- Afghan killings: Thousands protest over murdered Hazaras
About 2,000 people have protested in the eastern Afghan city of Ghazni against the killing of seven civilians by militants.
- Syria’s New Army
A new Syrian opposition armed group, called Syria’s New Army (NSA, Arabic: Jaysh Suriyah al-Jadid), has been formed with the aim of “expelling Islamic State and all its affiliated groups”, according to a promotional video posted on YouTube on 8 November.
- Two Indians wounded in Saudi Shiite region shooting
RIYADH: Two Indians and a Saudi policeman were wounded by gunfire in the east of the kingdom as authorities hunted suspects linked to unrest by minority Shiites, the interior ministry said on Tuesday.
- US Air Force pledges to ‘degrade’ ISIS oil cash
U.S. Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James said she was confident that the U.S. and its allies were making progress in the fight against Islamic State, as they up their efforts to destabilize the terrorist group’s oil revenue streams.
- Iran arrests more than 40 suspected militants, half headed to Iraq, Syria
Dubai: Iran has arrested more than 40 suspected militants around the country, half of whom were planning to reach Iraq and Syria, Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alavi was quoted as saying by state media on Tuesday.
- He’s Back! Iran’s Selfie General Seems To Be in Syria Posing for Pics
Last year, as Iran intensified its role in the fight against the Islamic State, photos of Iranian spymaster Major Gen. Qassem Suleimani, commander of the elite Quds force and arguably Iran’s most important international operative, regularly emerged on social media as a consistent reminder of Tehran’s contributions in Syria and Iraq.
- Egypt media see plot in reaction to Russia plane crash
CAIRO: As more governments believe that a bomb caused the Russian plane disaster over Sinai, Egyptian media outlets have reacted by denouncing a Western “conspiracy” aimed at harming its tourism industry.
- Two Indians wounded in Saudi Shia region shooting
Two Indians and a Saudi policeman were wounded by gunfire in the east of the kingdom as authorities hunted suspects linked to unrest by minority Shias, the interior ministry said on Tuesday.
- First death anniversary: Shia scholars urge govt to arrest Allama Irfani’s killers
PARACHINAR: Shia leaders and clerics criticised the government for its failure to arrest the killers of Markazi Imambargah Parachinar cleric Allama Nawaz Irfani.
- Afghan intelligence free eight Shiite hostages: officials
Ghazni (Afghanistan) (AFP) – Afghan intelligence agents freed eight kidnap victims Tuesday, the country’s spy agency said, with authorities saying at least some of the hostages were among the 31 Shiite Hazaras abducted by masked gunmen earlier this year.