- Russia to loan Iran $7bn
Iran will be loaned $5 billion by the Russian government, and another $2 billion from the Russian infrastructure bank VEB, RIA Novosti reports.
- Jihadist cell in Europe ‘sought recruits for Iraq and Syria’
The 13 suspected members of a jihadist group arrested in raids across Europe were allegedly recruiting foreign fighters to be sent to Iraq and Syria.
- 43 killed in twin suicide bombings in Beirut’s Shiite suburb, ISIS claims responsibility
Twin suicide bombings struck a southern Beirut suburb that’s a stronghold of the militant Shiite Hezbollah group on Thursday evening, killing at least 43 people and wounding scores more in one of the deadliest attacks in recent years in Lebanon.
- Shiite Cleric Asks Top Sunni Institution to Unite with Him Against the Jews
Muqtada Al-Sadr, one of the most influential clerics in the Shiite world, has sent out an olive branch to Egypt’s Al-Azhar, a known hotbed for jihadi indoctrination and the most prominent Sunni institution in the world, seeking to unite the sects of Islam against the Jews.
- Iraqi Shiite militia leader says he would overthrow government if ordered by Iran’s supreme leader
Akram al Kaabi, the leader of the Iranian-supported Harakat al Nujaba militia that is based in Iraq and is an integral part of the Popular Mobilization Forces, has said that he would and could depose the Iraqi government if ordered to do so by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Iran’s supreme leader.
- US condemns ‘horrific terrorist attacks’ in Beirut
The Obama administration has strongly condemned the “horrific terrorist” twin bomb attacks claimed by the Daesh (ISIL) terrorists that killed 41 people in Beirut, the Lebanese capital.
- Saudi protesters slam Sheikh Nimr’s death sentence
Protesters have taken to the streets in Saudi Arabia’s Eastern Province to express their anger at the Saudi top court’s death verdict against the prominent Shia cleric, Sheikh Nimr Baqir al-Nimr.
- Saudi, Qatar attempt to spreading Wahhabism in Afghanistan: Top cleric
A top Afghan cleric warned of attempts by Saudi Arabia and Qatar at spreading Wahhabism in Afghanistan, stressing that both Shiite and Sunni groups are in defiant of emergence of the ideology in his country.
- Saudi Arabia behind Recent Deadly Attack on Mourners in Western Iran: Shamkhani
Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council Ali Shamkhani announced on Wednesday that a recent deadly attack on mourners in the western Iranian city of Dezful had been sponsored by the Saudi regime.
- Daesh video threatens revenge on Russia
Daesh has released a video, threatening attacks inside Russia in retaliation for the country’s airstrikes that have been targeting the Takfiri terrorist group in Syria since late September.