- Iraqi Shiite militia leader says he would overthrow government if ordered by Iran’s supreme leader
Akram al Kaabi, the leader of the Iranian-supported Harakat al Nujaba militia that is based in Iraq and is an integral part of the Popular Mobilization Forces, has said that he would and could depose the Iraqi government if ordered to do so by Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Iran’s supreme leader.
- Humanitarian groups rally at Saudi Embassy against death sentences for peaceful protestors
WASHINGTON, Nov. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — A group of humanitarian organizations, non-profits, and religious congregations will hold a rally today in front of the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia to protest the death sentences assigned to Sheikh Nimr Baqir al-Nimr and his nephew Ali al-Nimr for their participation in peaceful protests.
- Paris Attacks Highlight Western Vulnerability, And Our Selective Grief And Outrage
As Frances enters yet another period of mourning, Lebanon is just emerging from one. Not that you probably heard anything about it. Chris Graham reports.
- IS says its suicide blast, roadside bomb hit Shiites in Baghdad, killing 26 and wounding 61
BAGHDAD (AP) — The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for a suicide blast and a roadside bombing that targeted Shiites in Baghdad on Friday, killing a total of 26 people and wounding dozens.
- Thousands attend funerals of beheaded Afghan Shiite Hazaras
Kabul (AFP) – Thousands of people attended the burials of seven Shiite Hazaras in Afghanistan Friday, witnesses said, nearly a week after their decapitated bodies were found, with the gruesome discovery spurring massive protests, including in Kabul.
- Are Syria’s Salafi movements witnessing a split?
The Syrian Salafi scene witnessed in October the emergence of a new fighting force called Jaish al-Sham, which appears to have distanced itself from other hard-liners by embracing populist and nationalist slogans.
- There is nothing wrong in working with RSS: Jamaat Ulama-e-Hind
GUWAHATI: Amid criticism by Congress and All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF), the Jamaat Ulama-e-Hind (JUEH) on Friday defended that there is nothing wrong for having ties with the with the RSS.
- Turkey PM: No plan for land operations in Syria or Iraq
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has said that Ankara is not preparing for a military operation inside Syria or Iraq in the near future, unless Turkey is threatened or attacked by “terrorist groups” from inside the two countries.
- Unusual Severe Weather Threat Targets Saudi Arabia, Iraq Next Week
The threat for severe weather will dip unusually far south into the Middle East early next week.
- Iran trying to set up its own terror group in Gaza
With Hezbollah as its model, Al-Sabirin recruiting an initial intended force of 400, Israel’s Channel 2 reports