- Shiite Iraqi Politicians Denounce Turkish ‘Invasion’ and Call for Aerial Bombardment
Sawt al-`Iraq reports that sources in the Turkish military announced Saturday that about 150 Turkish troops had been placed into northern Iraq along with 20-25 tanks.
- Affiliate of IS group claims Bangladesh Shiite mosque attack
A Shia mosque has been attacked by gunmen who opened fire on praying worshipers, killing one man and wounding three others in northwestern Bangladesh. He said when the worshippers bowed in prayer, the attackers shot their weapons from the back of the mosque.
- ISIS earns $80 million a month: Analysts
The ISIS terrorist group earns $80 million a month from taxing people living under its rule, and from confiscating property, drug smuggling and oil sales, according to a new analysis released Monday by global think tank IHS.
- Call for Bahrain Human Rights Conference
Four human rights organizations called for a conference to discuss the human rights situation in Bahrain.
- Iraq forces retake large part of key city Ramadi from IS
Baghdad (AFP) – Iraqi security forces recaptured a large part of the city of Ramadi from the Islamic State group Tuesday, officials said, scoring a significant breakthrough in their fightback against the jihadists.
- Massive Worldwide Support for Sharia Law Among Global Muslim Community
Muslims are the fastest-growing religious group in the world. The growth and regional migration of Muslims, combined with the ongoing impact of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and other extremist groups that commit acts of violence in the name of Islam, have brought Muslims and the Islamic faith to the forefront of the political debate in many countries.
- Tensions Grow Between Turkey and Iraq
Iraq has moved closer to seeking help from the United Nations Security Council to evict Turkish forces, in an emerging clash between neighbors taking part in the multiparty war against Islamic State.
- Saudi support for extremism must be halted
On Sunday the German vice-chancellor, Sigmar Gabriel, publicly accused Saudi Arabia of financing Islamic extremism in the west and warned that it must stop.
- New Isis video calls Afghan Taliban deviant for helping Shia Muslims
The Islamic State (Isis) terrorists in a new video have called the Taliban militants in Afghanistan as “deviant” for helping Shia Muslims.
- Iran topples Kuwait to become India’s fifth largest oil supplier
NEW DELHI: Iran has toppled Kuwait to become India’s fifth largest crude oil supplier in the first half of 2015-16 fiscal year, selling over 6.5 million tons of oil.