- Hezbollah intensifies its recruiting push as more of its fighters are being killed in Syria
At tightly guarded facilities in south Lebanon, men as young as 17 undergo training by the Shiite guerrilla group Hezbollah on weapons and anti-insurgent tactics before being sent to Syria to fight alongside President Bashar Assad’s forces.
- Muslim Americans protest Shia killing in Nigeria
A large number of Muslim Americans have held a demonstration in New York to condemn the Nigerian military’s massacre of Shia Muslims, Press TV reports.
- Shia teenager faces death penalty in Saudi Arabia
Abdullah al-Zaher, who was arrested when he was 15, faces beheading for participating in protest rally
- Lebanon arrests Shia ex-MP for links with Gaddafi son kidnapping
Hassan Yaacoub reportedly worked with a woman to lure Hannibal Gaddafi from his refuge in Syria’s Latakia to Damascus, then to Lebanon
- “I am Fighting Tears, Zaria Shia Killings is Injustice” says Nigeria Youth Minister
Ahlul Bayt News Agency – Nigeria’s Minister of Youth and Sports, Barr. Solomon Dalung, Friday in an article condemned the killings of Shi’a members in Zaria describing it as injustice.
- Kazakhstan launches major halal meat processing plant
Kazakhstan’s LLP Aktep has opened a major meat processing plant in the Aktobe region in the west of the country. The new facility is certified to halal standards and will process 7,200 tonnes of beef annually.
- The Army, El-Zakzaky’s Shiite and the Zaria killings
Sheik Ibraheem Zakzaky, 62, the ever turbaned, tough looking leader of the Shiite Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, is an Islamic scholar and a tempestuous preacher.
- One Week After Zaria Bloodbath: Shiites Speak
The clashes between the members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) and the men of the Nigerian army erupted in Zaria, Kaduna state, one week ago, on Saturday, December 12, and continued throughout the weekend.
- Fierce fighting in northern Yemen kills at least 75
SANAA, Yemen — Fierce fighting and airstrikes by a Saudi-led coalition pounded northern Yemen on Saturday, as the two main parties in the country’s conflict continued to violate a ceasefire agreement and undermine already tenuous peace talks in Switzerland.
- El-Rufai sees us as enemies -Shi’ite sect
Islamic Movement in Nigeria, otherwise known as the Shi’ite sect, has described the Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai as their enemy and anti-Shi’ite governor.