- Shiite/Army clash: Northern Govs hold emergency meeting
Kaduna – Northern Governors on Saturday held an emergency meeting in Kaduna to evolve measures to resolve the crisis between members of the Shiite (Islamic movement) and the Nigerian Army.
- Tension Builds As Shi’ites Continue Protest In Gombe
Tension is building up in Gombe state, following a continuing protest by Shi’ites in the area.
- IS suspects held in raids planned to bomb Shiites in Java and Sumatra
Six individuals rounded up in a series of counter-terrorism raids that began on Friday and ran into late Saturday reportedly planned to bomb Shiite communities in Java and Sumatra.
- Hezbollah steps up recruiting as Syria losses mount
Beirut — At tightly guarded facilities in south Lebanon, men as young as 17 undergo training by the Shiite guerrilla group Hezbollah on weapons and anti-insurgent tactics before being sent to Syria to fight alongside President Bashar Assad’s forces.
- No breakthrough in Yemen peace talks, but rivals will meet again
Bern (Switzerland) (AFP) – Yemen’s warring parties on Sunday wrapped up peace talks in Switzerland with no major breakthrough, but vowed to meet again next month, even as fighting raged on the ground.
- Shias in Lucknow want Indian govt to intervene in Nigerian crisis
Lucknow: Two massive peaceful protests against the atrocities being carried out on Shias in Nigeria, allegedly by the Nigerian army, were held on Sunday.
- Nigeria Shia leader to face prosecution: Nigerian official
Nigerian authorities say Shia leader Ibrahim al-Zakzaky, who has been arrested and whose family and supporters have faced a bloody crackdown, will face prosecution.
- IS denounces Saudi-led anti-terror coalition
Islamic State threatened to attack Saudi Arabia for “colluding with crusaders” after the oil-rich kingdom said it had established a 34-state Islamic military coalition to target the militants.
- Indonesia police arrest 6 over planned attacks
Police in Indonesia have arrested six men, including members and supporters of Daesh Takfiri terrorist group, on suspicions of planning to carry out attacks in the country, a report says.
- Canadians Rally in Protest at Nigeria Shiite Killings (+Photos)
TORONTO (Tasnim) – Hundreds of Canadian citizens staged a rally in Toronto to condemn violent crackdown against Shiite Muslims in Nigeria and the arrest of prominent Nigerian cleric Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky.