- Analysis: After Islamic State is defeated, Shi’ite forces to take over
From contiguous territory stretching from Afghanistan to Iran and through Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon, Shi’ite influence would increase.
- The measure of progress against Islamic State
The retaking of Ramadi by Iraqi forces was only possible after some reconciliation between Sunnis and Shiites.
- Syria pushes rebels from base, possibly with Russian support
BEIRUT – Syrian forces have retaken a key southern military base after heavy fighting with rebels and an al-Qaida affiliate, and seized mountain villages after driving out Islamic State fighters, the government and opposition activists said Tuesday.
- Bahrain says 3 troops in Yemen coalition killed in Saudi
Bahrain says three soldiers attached to a coalition fighting Shiite rebels in Yemen have been killed in Saudi Arabia.
- Iran’s Supreme Leader Accuses US of Stoking a 14 Century-Old Schism in Islam
(CNSNews.com) – In a new diatribe against the United States, Iranian supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Tuesday accused it of fomenting rifts between Sunni and Shi’ite Muslims as part of an overall “plot” against Islam.
- Nine years after Saddam Hussein, is Iraq a better place?
He ruled Iraq for 24 years as its president, but Saddam Hussein’s end was inglorious.
- Syrian rebels shell Shiite villages, killing one, after local truce, residents say
BEIRUT: Syrian rebels shelled two Shiite villages in the northwest of the country on Tuesday, killing at least one person, residents said, a day after pro-government fighters and civilians left the area for Turkey under a local ceasefire agreement.
- Son of ‘Tottenham Ayatollah’ killed in Iraq: sources
Baghdad (AFP) – A son of the Syrian-born radical cleric Omar Bakri has been killed in Iraq fighting alongside the Islamic State group, security sources said Tuesday.
- Iraqis will flush Takfiri terrorists out soon: Iran FM
Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has expressed confidence that the Iraqi army and volunteer fighters will recapture all areas in the country from Takfiri terrorists soon.
- Somalia Detains Two Iranians For Secretly Preaching Alleged Shia version of Islam
Somali National Intelligence and Security Agency NISA has said it is holding two Iranians nationals following security operation on Wednesday.