- Story of executed Iraqi poet: The tense Sunni-Shiite climate encourages disinformation
poet executionFirst his sentencing was tweeted and then graphic photos of his execution were shared widely on social media.
- The Islamic State group claims responsibility for the Baghdad mall attack that killed 18
BAGHDAD – The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the Baghdad mall attack that killed 18 people on Monday. Gunmen stormed into the Jawhara Mall after setting off a car bomb and launching a suicide attack at its entrance.
- After global outcry, aid reaches besieged Syrian towns
DAMASCUS, Syria — Aid convoys delivered long-awaited food, medicine and other supplies to three besieged Syrian communities Monday, part of a U.N.-supported operation to help tens of thousands of civilians cut off for months by the fighting.
- Armed Men Attack Shiite Religious Center in Bahrain: Report
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Armed assailants have attacked a Shiite religious center in Bahrain, inflicting severe damage to the building, media report said.
- PM must take up cleric’s execution by Saudi internationally, demand Shias
Meerut: Outraged by the execution of leading Shia Muslim clerics Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr and his three associates by the government of Saudi Arabia earlier this month, the Shia community on Monday demanded that Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take up the matter internationally.
- How Saudi Politics Has Affected Global Markets
With oil demand weak due to weak global growth, particularly in China, and supply plentiful, the oil price has fallen to a level at which US shale oil is uneconomic
- Putin calls for global cooperation against terrorism
Russian President Vladimir Putin says Moscow is willing to fight terrorism in cooperation with the rest of the world, criticizing the West for having contributed to an upsurge in terrorism with military interventions in Iraq and Libya.
- Senior Muslim Brotherhood figure arrested over Giza shooting
Ten people arrested in connection with attack on Israeli Arabs outside Egyptian hotel near pyramids
- Saudi-Iran tensions sharpen Iraq’s sectarian divide
Within hours of Saudi Arabia’s execution of prominent Shia cleric Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr, the highest Shia authority in Iraq spoke out against what he called the shedding of “pure blood”.