- John Kerry reassures Gulf states over US relationship with Iran
The US secretary of state, John Kerry, has met Gulf state ministers to ease their concerns about warming US relations with Iran and seek agreement on which Syrian opposition groups should be represented at upcoming peace talks.
- ISIS declares war on enemy worse than West — its fellow Muslims belonging to Shia sect
The Islamic State (ISIS) has found an enemy worse than the West—its fellow Muslims belonging to the Shia sect.
- US supports Saudi in war against Yemen
US Secretary of State John Kerry has reiterated Washington’s support for Saudi Arabia’s ongoing war on Yemen, which has so far claimed the lives of at least 8,000 people.
- World’s worst kept secret: Why Saudi is following Israeli policy on sectarianism
In the wake of the beheading of Ayatullah Baqir al-Nimr, the Middle East has quickly reshaped its political landscape. In response to the execution, Iranian protesters stormed Saudi embassies in Tehran and Mashhad, setting ablaze the office in its capital.
- Nigerian protesters mark 40th day since Shia killing in Zaria
Nigerians have staged protest rallies in several cities to mark the 40th day after the army massacred hundreds of Shia Muslims in the northern city of Zaria.
- Pakistani Shia student beheaded by his friends for wearing jacket of Imam Ali name
A Pakistani shia was beheaded by three of his takfiri friends for wearing a jacket with words ‘Ya Ali Madad’(as). According to information, Muzammil Abbas was killed in Bhal Syeda.
- Shia, Sunni Muslims hold unity prayer in Baku
AhlulBayt News Agency – Azeri Shia and Sunni Muslims have been holding unity prayer in Baku Heydar Mosque.
- U.S., Coalition Continue Strikes Against ISIL in Syria, Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA, January 23, 2016 — U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported today.
- John Kerry In Riyadh To Reassure Allies Over Iran
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: US Secretary of State John Kerry, on a visit to Saudi Arabia, sought Saturday to reassure Gulf allies concerned about a perceived warming of ties between Washington and Iran.